You can find a wide array of sewing machines these days. Thanks to the power of Internet marketing, any company can claim that their sewing machines are the best options for you.
But as we all know, not all sewing machines (and brands) are created equal, but one thing’s for sure, all of them cost huge amounts of your hard-earned money. Determining which are the companies that stay true to their words will help you protect your investment.
With that in mind, how can you weed out the bad from the good? How can you make sure you will be able to choose the best sewing machine? This buying guide can help you with that!
- What Are The Best Sewing Machine to Buy?
- Which Brand of Sewing Machine is Best?
- 30 Best Sewing Machines Comparison Table 2019
- Buying a Sewing Machine Near You
- Top 30 Best Sewing Machines Reviews 2019
- Brother CS6000i Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Brother SE400 Combination Computerized Sewing and Embroidery Machine
- Brother SE600 Computerized Sewing and Embroidery
- Brother Project Runway XR9550PRW Computerized Sewing Machine
- SINGER 7258 Computerized Sewing Machine
- SINGER Quantum Stylist 9960 Computerized Sewing Machine
- JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Brother PQ1500SL Quilting and Sewing Machine
- Juki TL-2010Q Lockstitch Sewing Machine
- SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate Computerized Free-Arm Sewing Machine
- SINGER Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine
- Brother Project Runway CS5055PRW Electric Sewing Machine
- Brother Project Runway CE7070PRW Computerized Sewing Machine
- Singer 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine
- Brother 1034D ¾ Thread Serger
- Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Quilting Machine
- Janome Magnolia 7318 Sewing Machine
- Brother XL2600i Free-Arm Sewing Machine
- Singer Start 1304 Sewing Machine
- SINGER Curvy 8763 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Brother DZ2400 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine
- Singer Quantum Stylist 9980 Sewing Machine
- Singer Quantum Stylist 9985 Sewing Machine
- Janome DC5100 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Janome DC2014 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Baby Lock Vibrant Serger Machine
- Bernina B530 Sewing Machine
- Singer 4411 Sewing Machine
- Janome HD1000 Sewing Machine
- Janome HD3000 Sewing Machine
- Brother XR9500PRW Sewing Machine
- Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Janome MC-6300P Computerized Sewing Machine
- SquareTrade 3-Year Major Appliance Protection
- The Comprehensive Best Sewing Machine Buying Guide of 2019
- How Sewing Machine Repair
- How to Fix Sewing Machine?
- Sewing Machine Smells Like Burning
- Sewing Machine Smells Like Skunk
- Sewing Machine vs Overlocker
- Sewing Machine vs Embroidery Machine
- Sewing Machine vs Serger
- Sewing Machine vs Hand Sewing
- Sewing Machine vs Quilting Machine
- Sewing Machine vs Hand Stitching
- Sewing Machine vs Treadle
- Sewing Machine vs Walking Foot
- Bernina Sewing Machine vs Janome
- Brother Sewing Machine vs Singer
- Industrial Sewing Machine vs Domestic
- Will a US Sewing Machine Work in the UK?
- Will Needle Fit Sewing Machine?
- How Long Will Sewing Machine Last?
- Will Any Sewing Machine Sew Leather?
- Can Sewing Machine Needles be Sharpened?
- Can Sewing Machine Affect Pregnancy?
- Which Sewing Machine is the Quietest?
- Sewing Machine is an Example of Which Simple Machine?
- Sewing Machine FAQ’s Answered!
- Final Verdict: Which is the Best Sewing Machine Reviews 2019?
What Are The Best Sewing Machine to Buy?
Every sewer has different needs and expectations when it comes to choosing the best sewing machine. That is why I decided to highlight a few of the hottest picks on the market that have the ability to satisfy different sewing needs and match various skill levels. Make sure to check their detailed reviews below.
- Best Overall: Brother CS6000i Sewing Machine
“Quiet operation, suitable for beginner quilting, automatic needle threader, extra sewing feet, cheap, bright light, adjustable speed.”
- Runner Up: Brother SE400 Sewing and Embroidery Machine
“Combine sewing and embroidery, large embroidery area, USB port for fast updates, lightweight but sturdy, easy controls, user-friendly.”
- Best Budget: Brother DZ2400 Sewing Machine
“Suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced sewers, user-friendly, super versatile, affordable.”
- Best for Professionals: Juki TL-2010Q Sewing Machine
“Versatile, durable, sturdy, suitable for quilting, dependable, efficient, expensive but worth the price.”
- Best for Beginners: Brother XM2701 Sewing Machine
“Works great with stretchy fabrics, lightweight, portable, perfect for beginners and kids, user-friendly.”
- Best Serger: Brother 1034D Serger
“Adjustable foot pressure, color-coded threading guide, removable stitch finger, easy to thread, versatile.
- Best Mechanical & Leather: Janome HD3000 Sewing Machine
“Sturdy construction, user-friendly, efficient, reverse lever, electronic foot controls, low maintenance.”
- Best for Quilting: Janome MC-6300P Sewing Machine
“Stable, sturdy, a large throat space for large quilts, automatic needle threader, electronic foot control.”
- Best Heavy-Duty: Singer 4411 Sewing Machine
“Portable, efficient, versatile, 60% more powerful than other sewing machines, a built-in thread cutter.”
- Best for Home Use: SINGER 7258 Sewing Machine
“Simple and easy to use, perfect for making clothes and crafts, quality operation, many free accessories.”
- Best Basic: Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
“860 SPM, affordable, lightweight, user-friendly, suitable for free motion quilting, perfect for beginners.”
- Best Luxury: Janome DC5100 Sewing Machine
“Automatic presser tension, powerful and quiet DC motor, impressive quality stitch, hardcover included.”
- Best Computerized: Janome DC2014 Sewing Machine
“Super easy to use, smooth operation, super versatile, impressive lighting, adjustable settings, modern.”
Which Brand of Sewing Machine is Best?
You can choose from hundreds of sewing machine brands but picking the right one can be hard with so many options but only a few of them stood the test of time and deliver high-quality machines including:
- Best Affordable Brand: Singer
“The first American manufacturer of sewing machines. It is also one of the most popular brands on the market. According to rumors, you cannot miss seeing the company’s old building on your next trip to New York. It is covered with beautiful vintage machines from the floor to the ceiling. This machine brand sells embroidery and sewing machines, cross-over, sergers, and cover stick sergers at a reasonable price.”
- Best Brand for Beginner: Brother
“Brother is another popular sewing machine brand in the United States. However, it is not an American company as many people believe. It is actually a Japanese brand that produces some of the best units on the market. The brand also has a sub-brand called Simplicity that makes cheaper but also quality sewing machines. It produces sewing and embroidery machines, sergers, cover stick sergers, and cross-over.”
- Best Computerized: Janome
“Another popular Japanese brand that has made sewers around the world fall in love with their units, is Janome. Janome produces very reliable and decent machines. They usually focus on the tech side of the machines, so you can send over your designs from your iPad or computer to your machine with a Wi-Fi connection. Janome produces sergers, cover stick sergers, sewing and embroidery machines, long-arm quilting machines, and cross-over. People love this brand because of the affordability and durability.”
- Best Industrial Sewing Machines: Juki
“Japanese best-selling sewing machine brand in the world. It is as good as Brother, Singerakes sewing machines for both commercial and home use. They offer high-quality units at acceptable prices. You can buy a Juki industrial unit, sergers, sewing and embroidery machines, and long-arm quilting machines.”
- Best Precise and Stylish Sewing Machines: Pfaff
“Pfaff was a German sewing brand at first but they eventually were sold to Singer. Today, it is an American brand but even though it became an American brand, it still holds to the German traidtion of precision machinery and fine craftsmanship. They have all sorts of machines at acceptable prices.”
- Best Overlocker Machines: Baby Lock
“Baby Lock exists for more than five decades. It started out by only producing overlock machines and eventually started making sewing machines as well as cross-over machines. Today, they have about fifly models. They have machines for embroidery, serging, quilting, and sewing that sell at acceptable prices.”
- Best High-End Sewing Machines: Bernina
“Bernina is one of the biggest sewing machine brands in Europe. It exists for more than 120 years and still makes some of the best sewing machines in the world. A Swiss brand named after a local mountain in the Alps. They produce high-end machines including cross-over, sewing machines, embroidery machines, sergers, and cover sergers.
- Best Advanced Sewing Machines: Husqvarna Viking
“Last but not least, Husqvarna Viking is another popular brand that people love. It was a Swedish brand at first. However, today, it is owned by Singer. Their machines are famous for craftsmanship and design.”
30 Best Sewing Machines Comparison Table 2019
Choosing from the wide array of sewing machines can be tedious. We have decided to make it easier for you. You can find the key differences of the best sewing machines 2019 in this table:
Buying a Sewing Machine Near You
If this is your first time buying a sewing machine and checking reviews, you might be wondering: where do I buy a sewing machine? Luckily for you, you can do it online! However, you have other options too!
For instance, make your own independent research and find stores for sewing machines near you!
Type something like ‘where to buy a sewing machine near me’, ‘best sewing machine’, ‘buy a sewing machine near me’, ‘best sewing and embroidery machine’ or ‘best heavy duty sewing machine’ and look around. If you don’t have time to do all this or you are just tired, feel free to check out this map!
Take note of their working hours and prices! If you do not find anything you like, re-visit this guide and pick something suitable online! Check my detailed comparison chart for the best sewing machine 2019!
Top 30 Best Sewing Machines Reviews 2019
Below are 30 of the best sewing machines reviews 2019 that you can find in the market: