If you pick the right sewing machine, it can serve you for a very long time. However, if you have no idea what to buy, we strongly recommend Singer. A quite popular brand in the industry with a well-deserved reputation all across the globe. You wonder why?
Well, their products are very easy to use, affordable (most of them) and modern. So, if you decide to buy from this brand, you will not have to worry about the performance or quality of the machine. Almost every sewing machine has a wide range of new settings.
And we all know how important modern settings such as automatic needle threader and adjustable speed control are these days. So, if you are looking for the best machine on the market, check out our Singer sewing machines reviews and top 10 picks for 2019.
Click through our well-researched content, read each review, compare the products and pick the one that matches your needs and requirements. Thank us later or when you try your Singer sewing machine. We promise it will make all your sewing dreams come true.
- Why Buy A Singer Sewing Machine? What’s The Company’s Story?
- How To Pick The Best Singer Sewing Machine Out Of Many Types?
- Top 10 Best Singer Sewing Machines: Comparison Chart 2019
- Top 10 Best Singer Sewing Machines Reviews For 2019
- SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader
- SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
- Singer 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
- SINGER Simple 3232 Sewing Machine with the Automatic Needle Threader – Budget’s Pick
- SINGER Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader
- SINGER Talent 3323 23-Stitch Portable Sewing Machine – Editor’s Choice
- SINGER 8763 Curvy Computerized Free-Arm Handy Sewing Machine
- SINGER Start 1304 Free Arm Sewing Machine with 6 Built-in Stitches – Best Singer Machine for Beginners
- Singer Professional 5 14T968DC Serger
- Singer ProFinish 14CG754 Serger 2-3-4 Thread
- How Much Money Will I Spend On Buying A Singer Sewing Machine?
- How Do We Feel About The Singer Brand And Their Sewing Machines?
Why Buy A Singer Sewing Machine? What’s The Company’s Story?
If you want to learn more about the brand you consider buying from, you have come to the right place. We like to present the history of brands before we present you their products. It started with Isaac Singer who designed the very first practical machine.
The first decent Singer machine was patented in 1851. And for the next century and a half, it remained on the throne of the sewing industry and production technology. So, if you have been using a sewing machine in the past, it was probably developed by Singer.
According to our research, Isaac Singer was one of the nicest guys who left a mark on the American sewing industry and world, as well. And after so many patent wars, harsh business technologies and unfair treatment, this brand has kept the market dominance.
Some of the brand’s biggest invention was the first electronic sewing machine and the first zigzag sewer. As you can notice, this company had many ups and downs, however, it managed to stay on top and justify the trust of their customers with quality products.
How To Pick The Best Singer Sewing Machine Out Of Many Types?
Since Singer has released so much different sewing machines, choosing the greatest that will match your needs, can be a bit challenging. However, not impossible. In order to provide more insight into this brand, we will present the types of machines they own.
- Mechanical sewing machine
The mechanical sewing machine is the classic Singer. It relies on humans operating to gain power. Most people buy it because of the control. However, others prefer modern machines. Yet, mechanical machines still stand as one of the best for classical sewing.
- Embroidery Singer machine
No matter if you are looking for simple monogramming or dynamic embroiderers able to finish heavy-duty projects, Singer has your back. It has the best embroidery machines.
- Electrical sewing machine
Most of the standard Singer machines you can find these days are electrical. However, not, in general, but in part. These machines offer a broad range of sewing possibilities.
- Embroidery and sewing combo
If you are searching for a combination machine that will serve you for embroidery and sewing, Singer has your back. The combi machines they design are flexible and dynamic.
For garment production, Singer makes one of the best overlockers and sergers. if you are searching for the greatest Sergers on the market these days, Singer makes them.
Top 10 Best Singer Sewing Machines: Comparison Chart 2019
Before we get to the actual reviews, let’s make a quick comparison of the best Singer sewing machines in 2019!
|Sewing Machine Name||Size||Weight||Price|
|SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine||15.5 x 6.2 x 12||14.5 pounds||$|
|SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine||17.2 x 8.2 x 12||20 pounds||$$$|
|SINGER 7258 Computerized Sewing Machine||14.5 x 7.5 x 12||19.15 pounds||$$|
|SINGER Simple 3232 Portable Sewing Machine- Budget’s Pick||15 x 7.5 x 12||12.25 pounds||$$|
|SINGER Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine||15 x 6.2 x 12||13.6 pounds||$|
|SINGER Talent 3323 Portable Sewing Machine - Editor’s Choice||15 x 7.5 x 12||16.45 pounds||$$|
|SINGER Curvy 8763 Free-Arm Handy Sewing Machine||17 x 8 x 12.5||17 pounds||$$|
|SINGER Start 1304 Sewing Machine - Best for Beginners||13 x 7 x 11.5||9.8 pounds||$|
|SINGER Professional 5 14T968DC Serger||11 x 12.5 x 14||23.6 pounds||$$$$|
|Singer ProFinish 14CG754 Serger||14 x 11 x 11.5||13.5 pounds||$$$|
Top 10 Best Singer Sewing Machines Reviews For 2019
Now that you have learned about the brand’s history, the types of machines they make and how it is time to present the top 10 best Singer sewing machines reviews 2019 for the following year.
SINGER Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader
With 23 built-in stitches among which are decorative, basic, stretch and buttonhole stitches, the Singer 4423 is ready to provide the best experience that you ever had.
It will help you finish both heavy-duty projects and easy crafts such as quilts, fashions, and home decoration. One of the best features of this machine is the automatic needle threader. It has a maximum speed of 1,100 stitches per minute and a strong motor too.
You will enjoy sewing with the Serger 4423 for a very long time because it is an actual workhorse with metal interior frame and stainless steel bed frame. It is stable and durable. It is good with heavy fabrics like leather or denim, so do not worry about it.
It comes with different accessories like zipper foot, all-purpose foot, buttonhole foot, and others. It also comes with bobbins and needles, screwdriver, seam ripper, and guide on quilting. A soft dust cover and a 25-year warranty are included in the packaging also.
- 23 built-in stitches of different kinds
- Suitable for both heavy duty, large and easy projects
- Maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches per minute
- Stainless steel bed frame and metal interior frame
- Durable, stable and comes with a 25-year warranty
- Hard to understand for some beginners
- Unclear instructions, according to some
SINGER 9960 Quantum Stylist 600-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
If you are looking for a fully computerized sewing machine, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 portable sewing machine is the right choice for you. Loaded with different simple and easy to use features and resources, it will take your sewing skills to the next level.
Singer computerized sewing machine is capable of finishing both large and easy crafts thanks to the wide range of stitches, including decorative, stretch and basic stitches. You can craft home decorations, quilting, fashions, and personalize your current crafts.
The best part of this machine is the automatic needle threader. It allows you to thread your needle without frustration and eye strain. With the sewing power of 850 stitches per minute, 600 built-in stitches with 5 alphanumeric fonts and 13 buttonholes and a lot of other sewing possibilities, the Singer Quantum Stylist 9960 is one of the greatest.
It arrives with different accessories like an all-purpose foot, embroidery, and darning foot and rolled hem foot among others and will realize your every sewing dream. It also comes with buttonhole foot with underplate. But it is made for Canada and the US only.
- Rich in modern and classic features
- Sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute
- It has 600 built-in stitches and 13 buttonholes
- Automatic needle threader and accessories
- A 110-volt machine made for Canada and US only
- Unclear instructions and guide for some buyers
Singer 7258 100-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine
Looking for something simple yet effective? Look no further than the Singer 7258 stylist. We are talking about the 100-stitch computerized sewing machine that will win your heart at first usage. It allows you to pick the wanted stitch with just the press of a button.
It has the optimum settings for width, length, and tension. They are set automatically. If you decide to give the Singer computerized sewing machine a shot, it will arrive with a 25-year limited warranty. But, keep in mind that it is made for Canada and USA only.
- Computerized 100-stitch machine
- Simple selection of desired stitches
- It has a 25-year limited warranty
- Designed for Canada and the USA only
- Some advanced users find the design poor
SINGER Simple 3232 Sewing Machine with the Automatic Needle Threader – Budget’s Pick
No matter if you are a beginner or advanced user, you will adore the Singer portable machine. It features 32 built-in stitches, a built-in 1-step buttonhole, a built-in needle threader and a heavy-duty metal frame which turns sewing into an exciting experience.
With the Singer portable sewing machine, you will have fun while making your projects and crafts. Also, this machine will lower your level of stress because of the automatic needle threader that will simplify your sewing and turn it into an effortless enjoyment.
It comes with a high presser foot lifter, making it able to sew multiple layers of thick material at once. Also, you can adjust the height and position according to your needs. It also has an automatic reverse button. You can sew in reverse which is quite amazing.
The sewing speed is 750 stitches per minute, which is not that bad. As you can notice, this is a great sewing machine that will definitely pay off in the long run. However, keep in mind that it is warranted for Canadian and US usage at 110 volts only before you buy.
- 32 built-in stitches
- 1 built-in 1-step buttonhole
- A built-in automatic needle threader
- Able to sew multiple thick fabrics at once
- Sewing speed of 750 stitches per minute
- It provides an enjoyable sewing experience
- It is warranted for Canadian and USA use at 110 volts only
- Some of the beginners who have it, find it difficult to use
SINGER Tradition 2277 Sewing Machine with Automatic Needle Threader
Looking for something traditional but modern at the same time? How about you give the Singer Tradition 2277 sewing machine a try and thank us later? It comes with a built-in automatic needle threader which will save you time and eye pain and reduce your stress.
Also, it comes with adjustable stitch width and length. You will not have any difficulties with the Singer Tradition 2277, no matter the type of fabric you are dealing with. The fully automatic 1-step buttonhole provides professional finish at the touch of a button.
It has 23 built-in stitches among which 9 are decorative, 7 stretch stitches and 6 basic stitches. However, before you make your purchase, keep in mind that it is designed for Canadian and USA usage only because it is a 110-volt durable and stable sewing machine.
- Traditional but has all the modern features
- Automatic needle threader for easy threading
- Suitable for both heavy duty and easy crafts
- It has 23 built-in stitches and 1 buttonhole
- It is warranted for Canadian and USA usage at 110 volts only
- Some buyers claim that the machine is made of cheap material
SINGER Talent 3323 23-Stitch Portable Sewing Machine – Editor’s Choice
If you want to boost your sewing skills and prove that you have a talent for sewing, the Singer Talent 3323 portable sewing machine is the perfect choice for you. It has even 23 built-in stitches and a 1-step buttonhole. Also, it has a heavy-duty metal frame which makes it easy to use. It will turn sewing into the most exciting life experience.
The best part is that it has a built-in automatic needle threader, so it will allow you to thread your needle with ease like most modern machines. Also, it will reduce the stress and ugly frustration that comes with trying to thread your needle, over and over again.
The Singer Talent 3323 will arrive with different accessories including general presser foot, zipper foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper, various guides, bobbins, needles and soft-sided dust cover among many other accessories. However, before you buy this one, keep in mind that it is made and warranted for Canadian and USA use at 110 volts only.
- Automatic needle threader
- All different kinds of accessories
- It has 23 built-in stitches and a 1-step buttonhole
- Made and warranted for Canadian and USA usage at 110 volts only
- Some advanced users found the machine slow and poorly designed
SINGER 8763 Curvy Computerized Free-Arm Handy Sewing Machine
If you are an experienced sewer and you have never tried Singer Curvy 8763 sewing machine, you are missing a lot. If you want to buy something that will boost your skills and creativity, this is the perfect computerized machine that will satisfy your needs.
It has an exclusive swift smart threading system and drops and sews bobbin system which makes it the dream of every sewer. It will allow you to explore your creative side and prove to everyone that you can create masterpieces when it comes to this practice.
The best part is the automatic needle threader that will help you sew like a pro, with no tension and eye strain. It will arrive with different kinds of accessories and a 25-year limited warranty. But, keep in mind that it is warranted for Canada and the US use only.
- Drop and sew bobbin system
- The exclusive swift smart threading system
- Automatic needle threader for easy threading
- Different accessories and a 25-year warranty
- It is warranted for Canadian and USA use at 110 volts only
- Unclear instructions and hard to understand for beginners
SINGER Start 1304 Free Arm Sewing Machine with 6 Built-in Stitches – Best Singer Machine for Beginners
If you are a beginner who seeks something that is easy to learn and easy to use, the Singer Start 1304 free arm sewing machine is the right choice for you. However, it is also suitable for advanced and returning users, so do not hesitate to try it out today.
It comes with 6 built-in stitches and automatically set stitch width and length. All you have to do is select you stitch and you are ready to go. The sky could be your only limit.
The Singer Start 1304 sewing machine comes with a 25-year limited warranty. It is a lightweight, compact and portable machine that will perfectly fit your working space.
And if you want to wind a bobbin, all you have to do is follow the numbered diagram. It is printed on top of the machine. The bobbin will stop turning when entirely filled with no further action, automatically. It comes with a lot of different modern accessories.
Before you purchase, keep in mind that it is warranted for Canadian and USA use only.
- Easy to use and easy to learn how to use
- Suitable for both beginners and advanced users
- A 25-year limited warranty
- 6 built-in stitches and automatically set stitch size
- Compact, affordable, stable and durable machine
- Warranted for Canadian and USA use at 110 volts only
- Some advanced users find the machine very poorly made
Singer Professional 5 14T968DC Serger
If you are a professional sewer looking for something quality made to boost your skills and creativity, Singer Professional 5 14T968DC Serger is the perfect match for you. It comes with a wide range of possibilities that allow you to finish any type of projects.
If you wonder why to buy this one, know that it comes with a self-adjusting tension and maximum sewing speed of 1,300 stitches per minute. So, you will finish your project in no time. It also has a 4 built-in rolled hems and many options for sewing hems, seams, cover hems, rolled hems, decorative edges and more. It is every sewer’s dream machine.
It comes with different modern and classic accessories and a 25-year limited warranty.
- Maximum sewing speed of 1,300 stitches per minute
- A 25-year limited warranty and a lot of accessories
- 4 built-in rolled hems and many other sewing options
- Self-adjustable tension that provides precise sewing
- It is excellent for experienced users, it is not the greatest for newbies
- As expected, some beginners with no experience at all find it hard to use
Singer ProFinish 14CG754 Serger 2-3-4 Thread
The Singer ProFinish Serger 2-3-4 Thread is for professionals only. However, if you are a newbie who is wishing to learn how to sew, you could give it a shot. It had the 2-3-4 thread capability that offers a broad range of stitch options for different projects.
It also comes with adjustable stitch width and length, color-coded lay-in-threading and differential feed which makes it easier to use it. Also, if you travel often and you want your sewing machine by your side at all time, this is the perfect sewing machine for you.
Portable and durable, it will make your every sewing dream come true. It has a free arm that will allow you to easily sew cuffs and sleeves and a maximum sewing speed of 1,300 stitches per minute. What more could you possibly ask for in a pro sewing machine?
- 4 built-in rolled hems
- A lot of accessories
- A 25-year warranty
- Some beginners have a hard time using the machine
- Unclear instructions and guide might be hard to understand
How Much Money Will I Spend On Buying A Singer Sewing Machine?
If you are a beginner who is looking for something to improve your sewing skills with, it should not cost you more than $100. However, if you want something advances, prepare yourself to pay around $500. The average price for a decent Singer machine is $250.
How Do We Feel About The Singer Brand And Their Sewing Machines?
No matter if you are a beginner or an experienced sewer, Singer has your back. It has something for everyone. And the price is affordable, in general. So, if you doubt if you should get a Singer sewing machine, stop and get your own Singer immediately.
We hope you find this article helpful. Also, feel free to follow our social media pages to keep track of our latest brand reviews, articles on how to sew like a pro and a lot more.