Cutting paper can be a dangerous task if you are doing it with the wrong tool. No matter if it is a letter, a photograph or just a piece of paper, the right paper cutter will always make your work much safer. It will also make it easier. But with so many tools on the market, choosing the right one turns into a challenge.
Luckily for you, I have spotted and reviewed some of the best tools that will meet your needs. I took the responsibility to compare their features in order to help you choose the best paper cutter and trimmer. So, without further due, let’s take a look at these products and see why people purchase them so much.
- The Best Type of Paper Cutter
- What are the Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer to Buy 2020?
- 30 Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer Comparison Chart 2020
- Top 30 Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer Reviews 2020
- Jielisi 12 inch A4 Size Paper Trimmer and Cutter
- Swingline ClassicCut Lite Guillotine 12 inch Paper Trimmer and Cutter
- Fiskars 01-005452 12 Inch Recycled Bypass Trimmer
- Marigold Paper GL410 Guillotine 12" Metal Base Plate Paper Trimmer Cutter
- X-ACTO 15 Inches Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer
- Fiskars SureCut 12 Inch Portable Trimmer with Recycled Cutline
- Westcott ACM15106 TrimAir Titanium Wood Guillotine Paper Trimmer
- Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool
- Westcott 15804 12"Multi-Purpose Personal Trimmer
- Swingline 12-inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
- LETION 66 A4 Paper Trimmer Titanium Scrapbooking
- Fiskars 152490-1004 12 inches SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
- Swingline 9315 15 inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Binxin A2-B7 Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter 18 inch
- Fiskars 100580-1002 12 inch Precision Rotary Bypass Trimmer
- X-ACTO 15-inch by 15-inch Commercial Grade Square Guillotine Trimmer
- Carl Professional Rotary Paper Trimmer 18 inch
- Dahle 508 18 inch Personal Rolling Trimmer
- Dahle 15e Vantage Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Fiskars 199130-1001 9 Inch Bypass Paper Trimmer
- HFS 12 inch Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Tonic Studios Mini Guillotine Paper Trimmer 6 inch
- Paper Cutter Guillotine Style 10" Cut Length X 10" Inch Metal Base Trimmer
- CARL 12220 Heavy Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer
- Swingline 15-inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Mophorn Paper Cutter A3 Industrial Heavy Duty Guillotine Trimmer 17Inch
- Tonic Studios 808 8-1/2-Inch Guillotine Paper Trimmer
- Dahle 552 Professional Rolling Trimmer 20"
- HFS 17 inch Blade A3 Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
- QCM 8200M Heavy Duty Desktop Stack Paper Cutter
- What is the Best Guillotine Paper Cutter?
- What is the Difference Between a Paper Trimmer and a Guillotine?
- Rotary or Guillotine Paper Cutter
- Westcott vs Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- What is the Best Paper Cutter for Card Making?
- Can You Cut Laminated Paper with a Paper Cutter?
- How Do You Cut Thick Paper Straight?
- Can You Cut Photo Paper?
- What is the Best Way to Use a Paper Cutter?
- How Do You Sharpen a Paper Cutter Blade?
The Best Type of Paper Cutter
You can choose between several types of paper cutters out there. Each type has a purpose, depending on construction. Let’s go through some of the most common types and determine which one suits you.
Also known as the sliding trimmer, the rotary trimmer consists of a blade located in a rail that goes back and forth in order in order to cut your paper. The rotary cutter is precise and provides a pre-set, smooth mechanism that is not movable. However, it provides as much strength as other types of paper cutters.
The guillotine trimmer is one of the most popular types of paper cutters out there. It has a plain surface where you put down your paper or material to cut. The guillotine-like blade is attached to an arm that is movable up and down. This motion delivers greater strength and allows you to cut more sheets at once.
This type of paper cutter is strong which makes it ideal for cutting cardboard and similar materials. It is also ideal for larger projects, depending on the construction of the cutting tool. Usually, users want this type of paper cutter when they want to slice 20 sheets at the same time. It is very precise and accurate.
What are the Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer to Buy 2020?
In order to help you choose a fitting paper cutter and trimmer for your needs, I highlighted a few of the best. However, before you order any of them, make sure to check their detailed reviews, pros, and cons.
- Best Overall: Jielisi 12 inch A4 Size Paper Trimmer and Cutter
“Stylish, ideal for business cards, high-quality titanium blade, precise cutting, comes with extra blade.”
- Runner Up: Swingline ClassicCut Lite Guillotine 12 inch Paper Trimmer and Cutter
“Precise cutting, ideal for office, versatile, easy to work with, 100% money-back guarantee, flexible.”
- Best Budget: Tonic Studios 808 8-1/2-Inch Guillotine Paper Trimmer
“Makes straight and clean cuts, sturdy construction, easy to use, ideal for beginners and small projects.”
- Best Heavy-Duty: HFS 17 inch Blade A3 Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
“Easy to replace the blade, solid & durable construction, perfect for heavy-duty work, customer support.”
- Best for Cardstock: Cut Length X 10" Inch Metal Base Trimmer
“Lightweight, portable, cuts cardstock very easily, easy to use and store, full-length steel blade, safe.”
- Best for Scrapbooking: LETION 66 A4 Paper Trimmer Titanium Scrapbooking
“Safe cutting, portable, lightweight, can cut multiple sheets at once, easy to work with, comfortable.”
- Best for Crafters: Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool
“Accurate measurement, versatile, best A4 paper cutter, lightweight, portable, perfect for newbies.”
- Best Rotary: Carl Professional Rotary Paper Trimmer
“Great bargain for the price, a professional paper cutter, able to cut large sizes of paper, very sharp.”
- Best A3: Mophorn Paper Cutter A3 Industrial Heavy Duty Guillotine Trimmer
“Sturdy construction, perfect for small business, great cutting ability, easy to use, little assemblance.”
- Best Stack: QCM 8200M Heavy Duty Desktop Stack Paper Cutter
“Great customer support, easy to assemble, easy to use, outstanding construction, good for the price.”
30 Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer Comparison Chart 2020
Make sure that you never cut your fingers again by choosing one of these best-selling paper cutters and trimmers. Also, do not forget to read their detailed reviews below and take notes of their pros and cons.
|BEST PAPER CUTTERS AND TRIMMERS||DIMENSIONS||WEIGHT||BEST PAPER TRIMMER SIZE||WARRANTY|
|Jielisi 12 inch A4 Size Paper Trimmer and Cutter – Best Overall||15.8 x 1.2 x 5.1||0.5 pounds||12-inch||90-days limited warranty|
|Swingline ClassicCut Lite Guillotine 12 inch Paper Trimmer and Cutter – Runner Up||14 x 17.6 x 2.6||2.3 pounds||12-inch||10-year limited warranty|
|Fiskars 01-005452 12 Inch Recycled Bypass Trimmer – Best Paper Cutter Machine||14.1 x 20.1 x 2.6||2.5 pounds||12-inch||Lifetime warranty|
|Marigold Paper GL410 Guillotine 12" Metal Base Plate Paper Trimmer Cutter||15 x 3 x 13||2 pounds||12-inch||1-year warranty|
|X-ACTO 15 Inches Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer||22.5 x 17 x 5.2||1 pound||15-inch||3-year warranty|
|Fiskars SureCut 12 Inch Portable Trimmer with Recycled Cutline||1.4 x 16.5 x 16.5||0.8 pounds||12-inch||Lifetime warranty|
|Westcott ACM15106 TrimAir Titanium Wood Guillotine Paper Trimmer||22.4 x 3.4 x 14.1||5.78 pounds||12-inch||5-year warranty|
|Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool – Best Paper Cutter for Crafters||15 x 5.7 x 0.8||0.75 pounds||12-inch||Not specified|
|Westcott 15804 12"Multi-Purpose Personal Trimmer||17.6 x 6.4 x 1.2||0.43 pounds||12-inch||5-year warranty|
|Swingline 12 inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter||20.8 x 14.2 x 3.8||0.7 pounds||12-inch||10-year warranty|
|LETION 66 A4 Paper Trimmer Titanium Scrapbooking – Best Paper Cutter for Scrapbooking||17.9 x 1.5 x 6.5||0.55 pounds||12-inch||5-year warranty|
|Fiskars 152490-1004 12 inch SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer||1.5 x 10.2 x 17.9||1.2 pounds||12-inch||Lifetime warranty|
|Swingline 9315 15 inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter||21.7 x 14 x 2.5||1 pound||15-inch||10-year limited warranty|
|Binxin A2-B7 Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter 18 inch||18.9 x 15.0 x 1.3||6.9 pounds||18-inch||Not specified|
|Fiskars 100580-1002 12 inch Procision Rotary Bypass Trimmer||5 x 19.9 x 9.2||0.32 pounds||12-inch||Lifetime warranty|
|X-ACTO 15-inch by 15-inch Commercial Grade Square Guillotine Trimmer – Best Paper Cutter for Art Classroom||24 x 17.3 x 4.7||10.33 pounds||15-inch||2-year warranty|
|Carl Professional Rotary Paper Trimmer 18 inch – Best Rotary Paper Trimmer||18 x 10.3 x 0.8||4 pounds||15-inch||Lifetime limited warranty|
|Dahle 508 18 inch Personal Rolling Trimmer – Best Paper Cutter for Photographers||22.8 x 8.2 x 2.2||3.4 pounds||18-inch||6-month warranty|
|Dahle 15e Vantage Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter||15 x 12 x 2||1 pounds||15-inch||Not specified|
|Fiskars 199130-1001 9 Inch Bypass Paper Trimmer||2.4 x 9.7 x 15.2||0.13 pounds||9-inch||Lifetime warranty|
|HFS 12 inch Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter – Best Paper Cutter for Bookbinding||24 x 17 x 10||35.9 pounds||12-inch||1-year limited warranty|
|Tonic Studios Mini Guillotine Paper Trimmer 6 inch||6.3 x 1.3 x 10.7||0.7 pounds||6-inch||5-year warranty|
|Paper Cutter Guillotine Style 10" Cut Length X 10" Inch Metal Base Trimmer – Best Paper Cutter for Cardstock||17.5 x 10.9 x 2.6||3 pounds||10-inch||Lifetime warranty|
|CARL 12220 Heavy Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer||22.2 x 14.2 x 3.5||6.54 pounds||15-inch||Lifetime limited warranty|
|Swingline 15-inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter||15.8 x 25.8 x 5||6.6 pounds||15-inch||10-year warranty|
|Mophorn Paper Cutter A3 Industrial Heavy Duty Guillotine Trimmer 17Inch – Best A3 Paper Cutter||29.2 x 24.1 x 10.4||48.3 pounds||17-inch||2-years warranty|
|Tonic Studios 808 8-1/2-Inch Guillotine Paper Trimmer – Best Budget||11.4 x 6.4 x 1.6||0.38 pounds||8.5-inch||5-years warranty|
|Dahle 552 Professional Rolling Trimmer 20"||27.8 x 14.1 x 3.2||10.8 pounds||20-inch||1-year limited warranty|
|HFS 17 inch Blade A3 Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter – Best Heavy Duty Paper Cutter||30 x 21 x 12||26.5 pounds||17-inch||1-year limited warranty|
|QCM 8200M Heavy Duty Desktop Stack Paper Cutter – Best Stack Paper Cutter||15 x 21 x 6||46 pounds||17-inch||Full lifetime warranty|
Top 30 Best Paper Cutter and Trimmer Reviews 2020
Choosing the best paper cutter and trimmer is not that hard if you know where to look. Right now, you are in the right place. Let’s cut these cutters open and determine which one is worth your investment.
Jielisi 12 inch A4 Size Paper Trimmer and Cutter
I am starting this list with Jielisi 12 inch A4 Size Paper Trimmer and Cutter. It is stylish and perfect for A4 and A5 paper. If you want to cut cards, labels, pictures, photos and other paper items, this cutter is right for you. It is a professional guillotine that will cut through cardstock, chipboard and other materials.
It is the perfect cutter and trimmer for cutting straight lines. The blade is sharp and ideal for trimming. If you want a simple but efficient and precise tool that offers flawless trimming as well, this tool is for you.
- Attractive design
- Best paper cutter for business cards
- Has high-quality titanium blade
- Precise cutting
- Best paper cutter for chipboard
- Come with extra blade
- The measurement grid is based on centimeters instead of inches
- Not include an arm that swings out to cut the paper
- Does not include blade changing instructions guide
Swingline ClassicCut Lite Guillotine 12 inch Paper Trimmer and Cutter
Swingline ClassicCut Lite Guillotine 12 inch paper trimmer and cutter are super easy to use. It has a very sharp guillotine blade and a handy alignment grid. If you want a sturdy tool, this is the one thanks to the sturdy plastic case but the case does not affect its weight. It is still lightweight and easy to carry around.
It has a 12-inch cutting length and makes the perfect choice for trimming tasks. It is ideal for both home and office use. Can you believe that this tool cuts up to 10 sheets at once? Suitable for cutting paper and photos, it will meet your needs. It delivers accurate cuts, comes with safety features and durable design.
- Ideal for precision cutting
- Best paper cutter for office
- Versatile cutter
- Safe paper cutter
- Easy to work with
- Has 100% money-back guarantee
- Includes safety lock
- Gives flexibility in cutting size
- It takes extra time to line up the blade before cutting
- The blade needs to be used carefully to avoid injury
- Some customers complain that sometimes blade bend the paper instead of cutting
Fiskars 01-005452 12 Inch Recycled Bypass Trimmer
(Best Paper Cutter Machine)
Fiskars is one of the most popular brands on the market. It delivers some of the best products and their 01-005454 12-inch recycled bypass trimmer is one of them. It is made for heavy use. So, you can use it for cutting handouts, fliers, invitations, and other heavy materials with great ease, accurately and clean.
I personally recommend this tool because it is made of 100% recycled post-consumer resin. Also, it has self-sharpening blades that will never wear out. If you want accurate cuts and precision, order this baby today. It can cut up to 10 sheets of paper and has a built-in cutting lock for safe storage and transport.
- Include safety lock to avoid user injury
- Precise measurements and cuts
- Very compact design
- It is lightweight and easy to use
- A bit difficult to line up the paper
- You need to press down the plastic paper to avoid slip and damage
- Light-duty only
- Hard to make a straight cut on more than 5 pieces of paper
Marigold Paper GL410 Guillotine 12" Metal Base Plate Paper Trimmer Cutter
Marigold Paper GL410 Guillotine 12-inch Metal Base Plate Paper Trimmer Cutter is a general-purpose trimmer suitable for different projects. If you need sharp looking visuals, this is the paper cutter that you need to buy. It has the popular guillotine style blade and cuts through thick materials with no problem.
You can use it for both large and small tasks since it has the ability to cut through high capacity projects. The best part? It is made of durable metal material, meaning it is built to last. It will serve you for a long time. If you are a fan of smart, precise cutting, this is the tool for you. It is both lightweight and portable.
You can cut up to 10 sheets of paper with ease. Also, I like this tool because it has a built-in translucent protective guard in order to prevent finger cuts. It is safe for kids to use at home or at school. However, let’s take a look at the important pros and cons of this impressive cutter and trimmer before you order.
- Lightweight and durable design
- Provides very precise measurement
- Great fit for large and small projects
- Has a protective guard to hold the paper in place
- Not include armlock
- The handle is made from low durability material
- Some of the customers report dull blade issues
X-ACTO 15 Inches Heavy Duty Wood Guillotine Trimmer
X-ACTO 15-inch heavy-duty wood guillotine trimmer is a durable and precise tool that cuts high volumes of paper with great ease. It can cut up to 15 sheets at once which is more than any other tool that I have reviewed before. If you want a highly-efficient tool that cuts fast and precisely, this is the cutter for you.
You can use it to cut film, paper, photographs and other heavy materials. It is a heavy-duty trimmer for serious users only. But here is the kicker. It has rubber feet and a solid wood base. The perpetual edge self-sharpening system will make sure that your blade stays sharp at all times. Now, let’s check the cons.
- Able to cut up to 20 sheets at once
- Has a tough and durable wooden base
- Easy to handle
- Can do the very accurate trimming
- A little bit heavy
- Tight safety lock
- Sometimes can make ragged edges while cutting
Fiskars SureCut 12 Inch Portable Trimmer with Recycled Cutline
Another tool by Fiskars that is worth the money is the SureCut 12-inch portable trimmer with a recycled cutline. It is lightweight, compact, portable and perfect for trimming office paper, coupons, photographs and much more. Thanks to the sharp blade with titanium cutting, this baby delivers quick and clean cuts.
It also allows you to easily align your paper for accurate cutting. But here is the kicker. It can cut up to 7 sheets and is 3 times harder than steel. The triple track system keeps your blade tight for straighter cuts, while the swing-out arm boosts length measuring to 14-1/4 inches. Now, let’s summarize the main cons.
- Portable and lightweight design
- Best paper cutter for coupons
- Able to cut precisely
- Very easy to use
- It is safe for working
- Has a very sharp blade
- Able to cut only one cardstock page
- Difficult to make precise measurement
- Not a good fit for a heavy-duty project
Westcott ACM15106 TrimAir Titanium Wood Guillotine Paper Trimmer
The Westcott ACM15106 TrimAir Titanium wood guillotine paper trimmer has anti-microbial protection with a contemporary design, ergonomic handle, and safety features. It develops office and home tools unmatched in performance, design, and style. This baby delivers functional and inspirational end results.
If you want the perfect combination of performance and design, this tool is just ideal for you. It has the popular guillotine blade which offers unparalleled performance, while the proprietary blade technology keeps the blade sharp for a longer time. If you want a tool with a sturdy base, this is the cutter for you.
But here is the kicker. It cuts up to 30 sheets at once which is more than any other tool on this list. Now, let’s summarize the important pros and cons of this popular paper trimmer before you actually order it.
- Comfortable to work with
- Has great cutting performance
- Do very accurate cuts
- Perfect for heavy-duty work
- Provides extra protection
- Includes ergonomic handle
- Cost a bit high in you like extra features
- Expensive maintenance
- A bit difficult to use if you are a beginner
Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12 Inch Titanium Paper Trimmer Scrapbooking Tool
(Best Paper Cutter for Crafters)
Firbon A4 Paper Cutter 12-inch titanium paper trimmer scrapbooking tool is a spring-loaded, sharp blade system for straight and safe cutting. It is equipped with an extended ruler for easy adjustment of paper, angle measuring plate and cm inch grid scale for precise cuts. It is ideal for craft, home, and school use.
You can cut through A2, A3, A4 and A5 papers, coupons, photos, and cards. It has a professional known guillotine design in order to provide straighter cuts. The best part? You can easily replace the blade once it turns blunt. This cutting tool can cut up to 15 sheets with ease. It is portable, safe and very affordable.
- Does accurate measurement
- Versatile cutter
- Best A4 paper cutter
- Very lightweight and portable
- Cuts a wide range of materials made with paper
- Best paper cutter for card making
- Easy to use even for beginners
- You need to line up the paper properly before cutting
- Some people have issues with measurements arm
- Can not cut precisely through a lot of pages at once
Westcott 15804 12"Multi-Purpose Personal Trimmer
Westcott 15804 12-inch multi-purpose personal trimmer is a well-designed, innovative product that is both affordable and top-quality. However, the best part about this baby is that it is compact, lightweight and portable. It provides accurate cuts on construction paper, cardstock, foam, paper, and photographs.
It is the perfect combination of performance and design. Searching for a cutter with a proprietary blade technology? If yes, search no further because this baby is the right one for you. The technology keeps it sharp for a long time. Also, it features a translucent guard for safety. Now, let’s check the pros and cons.
- Contain translucent guard for improved accuracy and protection
- Capable of precisely cut 10 papers at once
- Lightweight and portable design
- Worth for a price
- Delivers very good cutting performance
- The middle plastic section can bend easily
- Can shred paper If you try to cut more than 20 pieces simultaneously
- The blade is not enough sharp
Swingline 12-inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
The Swingline 12-inch paper trimmer guillotine paper cutter has a durable construction and delivers an amazing dependable performance. It is built to last, meaning you will have it for a very long time. It also has a solid maple base, self-sharpening blade and a die-cast metal arm that makes it even more durable.
This baby has a cutting length of 12 inches and works perfectly in shared workspaces. You can cut up to 15 sheets at once with this tool. It is suitable for cutting everything from delicate tissue to photographs and heavy matboard. It is just perfect for high-volume projects. It delivers super safe and accurate cuts.
- Perform very accurate and consistent cutting
- Secure for long time using
- 10-year limited warranty
- The spring is strong and holds the blade very still
- Gives good performance for the price
- Has a very sharp blade
- Difficult to use for beginners
- Made from low durability wooden material
- Complicated to scope
LETION 66 A4 Paper Trimmer Titanium Scrapbooking
(Best Paper Cutter for Scrapbooking)
LETION 66 A4 Paper Trimmer Titanium Scrapbooking is a 12-inch portable paper trimmer for both home and office use. It cuts paper, labels, photos and other materials with great ease and precision. It also has a 100% recycled post-consumer base which allows you to accurately adjust your material before cutting.
This tool can cut up to 12 sheets of paper without a problem. Customers love it because it is versatile. It can be used for cutting different materials including cards, A2, A3, A4, and A5 paper. You can cut at a 45-degree to 90-degree angle. It also has a sharp trimming mechanism and a ruler precision measurements.
- Provide safe cutting
- Lightweight and portable
- Can cut multiple sheets at once
- Easy to work with
- Provides comfort while working
- Customers complain that the cutter does not sit flat on the table
- The blade is not quite stable and unable to make precise cuts
- Made from cheap materials
Fiskars 152490-1004 12 inches SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer
Looking for the perfect paper trimmer to assist you in different projects and get the job done with great precision? If yes, look no further than Fiskars 152490-1004 12-inch SureCut Deluxe Craft Paper Trimmer.
This baby indicates where the blade will make a cut and delivers impressive results. If you want to get a precise cut every time, buy this model today. You will never regret your purchase. It has the widest base out there and a self-leveling swing-out arm that boosts the measuring deck to over 15 inches to manage your larger material. It also comes with a grid cutting mat and a permanent scale for more accurate cuts.
- Built-in Triple Track system for improved cuts
- Best paper cutter for crafting
- Easy to handle and work with this cutter
- Able to do self-leveling swing for extra-large materials
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Provide good quality cuts
- The swing is stiff at first few times
- Some users complain that the blade can easily pullout while cutting
- The blade is not much durable
Swingline 9315 15 inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
Swingline 91414 15 inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter is easy to use and cuts up to 10 sheets with ease. It has a sharp guillotine blade and a handy alignment grid. The best part? It has a sturdy case but that does not affect the weight of this nice paper cutter. Despite the sturdy design, it is still portable.
The cutting length of this tool is 15 inches, which makes it perfect for both home and office use. It offers accurate cuts and safety features just like the rest of the products on my list. If you want a tool that will last forever, this is the cutter that you need to order today. It is covered by a 10-year limited warranty.
- Portable design
- Easy to use
- The price is good for the performances
- Great cutting capacity
- Very good measurement options
- Stiff blade lock
- The handle is not stick on the right position
- Hard to make a precise cut
- The blade is not stable while cutting
Binxin A2-B7 Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter 18 inch
If you want a high-quality, high-efficiency, accurate and safe paper cutter, Binix A2-B7 is perfect for you. It has a cutting length of 18 inches, which is more than the previous cutters that I have presented so far.
This tool delivers straight and accurate cuts. It is lightweight, sturdy and durable thanks to the base that is metal solid and sharp blades. If you buy this cutter, you will be able to cut up to 12 sheets with ease. It comes with a ruler printing on the base and alignment grid. Also, it has safety features for safe storage.
- Perform straight and precise cutting
- It can be used for cutting different materials
- Has a very sharp blade
- Lightweight and portable design
- Contain alignment grid which is good for different paper sizes
- Can shred pieces of your paper
- Blade becomes dull after a short time using
- The plastic handle can easily fall off
Fiskars 100580-1002 12 inch Precision Rotary Bypass Trimmer
As you can notice Fiskars has some of the best paper cutters and trimmers on the market. And this tool is one of them. It is called the Precision Rotary Bypass Trimmer that comes with different measurements printed on the base in order to meet your needs, a dual scale ruler and an alignment grid for clean cuts.
If you want a highly-efficient, durable and precise paper cutter, this model is the right choice for you. It is capable of cutting up to 12 sheets smoothly. If you want an adjustable paper guide for repetitive cuts that will ensure accurate and safe cuts, this is the paper cutter for you. It also has an ergonomic handle.
- Easily cuts various types of materials
- Highly versatile
- Easy to operate
- Has expandable grid
- Improved stability with rubber feet
- Difficult to handle larger dimensions
- Hard to carry around
- A bit small measurement numbers
X-ACTO 15-inch by 15-inch Commercial Grade Square Guillotine Trimmer
(Best Paper Cutter for Art Classroom)
X-ACTO 15-inch by 15-inch commercial-grade square guillotine trimmer is one of the most accurate and efficient tools on the market. It can cut a large amount of paper with great ease. Cutting with this tool is like cutting with a knife through butter. It has the ability to cut up to 20 pages and provide straight cuts.
Made for office and school settings, this cutter has a solid wood base that provides stability and great durability. The perpetual edge self-cleaning system keeps the blade sharp for accurate cuts every single time. It also has a safety feature for protecting your fingers. This tool is ideal for teachers and students.
- Do precise and clean cuts
- Best commercial grade paper cutter
- Can do very good measurements before cutting
- Solid quality build
- Perfect fit bor both beginners and professionals
- It cannot cut more than one thick cardstock
- Unable to precise cut 20 sheets at once as it is described
Carl Professional Rotary Paper Trimmer 18 inch
(Best Rotary Paper Trimmer)
Carl Professional Rotary Paper Trimmer has a cutting length of 18 inches. It is perfect for different tasks including crafts, arts, and school projects. If you want a trimmer that has a metal calibrated, sturdy base and delivers stability, this is the tool for you. It features preset measurements for common-sized objects.
It can cut up to 10 sheets at once and you can use it for cardstock, mat stock, plastic sheets and so on. It also features an optional B-series bladed for eleven different cutting patterns which are sold separately. It is wise to check the pros and cons of every tool before you buy it, so let’s review the cons of this one.
- It is a pretty good product for the money
- Best professional paper cutter
- Able to cut large sizes of paper
- The blade is very sharp
- Easy to use for beginners
- Cheap design
- Inaccurate trimmer
- Does not cut 10 pieces of paper as they describe
Dahle 508 18 inch Personal Rolling Trimmer
(Best Paper Cutter for Photographers)
Dahle 508 18-inch personal rolling trimmer is a lightweight, portable and versatile cutting tool. I say that it is versatile because you can use it for any application. It has a self-sharpening blade, a metal base, and an automatic clamp to prevent shifting. If you want a German tool that is highly-efficient, order this one.
Buying this tool means that you will never have to worry about replacing worn or dull blades anymore. It does all the job for you. But here is the kicker. The base of this tool contains screened guides to help you align your cuts. This cutter is popular among photographers, office professionals, and craft enthusiasts.
- Sturdy and metal base
- Comes with a useful user manual
- Includes self-sharpening blade
- The clear guide is able to keep the paper in place
- Able to make very accurate cuts
- The trimmer is not stable
- Some users have alignment issues
- There are cases that blade comes off the track
Dahle 15e Vantage Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
Dahle 15-inch vintage paper trimmer guillotine paper cutter is a very precise tool that can remove even the tiniest sliver of your paper. It has the ability to cut up to 15 sheets at once and has a metal base that provides stability. If you want a super-sharp cutter with an automatic clamp, this is the best one for you.
It also has safety features in order to protect your fingers and a spring action handle that prevents your tool from falling down unexpectedly. Also, just like most tools on my list, this one too has measurements on the base for accuracy during repetitive cuts. Now, let’s summarize the most important pros and cons.
- Build from high-quality materials
- Can cut up to 15 paper sheets at once
- Sturdy metal base
- Include easy to learn user guide manual
- Stable construction with rubber feet
- Does not cut completely
- It is not suitable for precise cutting
- Unable to cut multiple cardstocks without making them rough ended
Fiskars 199130-1001 9 Inch Bypass Paper Trimmer
Fiskars 199130-1001 9-inch bypass paper trimmer is a high-quality tool that is worth your investment. If you want a durable machine that has a sharp blade and ensures precise cuts, this is the cutter for you. It does not need replacement or sharpening since it is self-sharpening. You can use it for various purposes.
This baby is perfect for beginners. You do not have to be an expert to use this compact trimmer. Easy to use, this tool makes the perfect accessory to your DIY toolkit. It is ideal for photo trimming and provides a lifetime warranty. However, make sure to check the pros and cons of this baby before you purchase it.
- Able to do fast cuts
- Lightweight and portable design
- Easy to use
- Has improved stability
- Perfect for small trimming projects
- It is small to fit a standard sheet
- Does not cut completely straight if you put many papers at once
- The blade is dull and sometimes blends the paper
HFS 12 inch Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
(Best Paper Cutter for Bookbinding)
Imagine cutting through 400 sheets around 1.5 inches thick in one pass. HFS 12-inch heavy-duty allows you to do that and so much more. It has a built-in heavy-duty clamp for eliminating dragging or shifting. It has a cutting length of 12 inches and makes the perfect tool for cutting large objects such as posters.
It is also great for cutting larger books. The solid steel construction will make sure that you have it for a very long time. It has rubber feet at each corner in order to prevent slipping during use. The best part? It has a removable handle for easy storage. Blade replacement is also easy. Now, let’s summarize the cons.
- Can cut the paper fast and easy
- Perfect fit for half-page flyers
- Can cut multiple paper sheets at once
- Allows you to adjust dimensions while cutting
- It is a little bit pricey
- It is quite heavy
- Expensive maintenance
Tonic Studios Mini Guillotine Paper Trimmer 6 inch
Tonic Studios Mini Guillotine Paper Trimmer has a 6-inch cutting length, a carry handle, and a soft grip for cutting. It delivers stability and durability thanks to the stainless steel blade. You can cut up to five sheets at once with this tool. It is perfect for card making, photos and things that require a clean edge.
- Can easily make clean and straight cuts through paper
- Sturdy construction
- Very easy to use even for beginners
- It is great for small projects
- Compact and easy to store
- The blade is not enough sharp
- Does not cut A2 paper
- Some of the customers report blade balance issue
Paper Cutter Guillotine Style 10" Cut Length X 10" Inch Metal Base Trimmer
(Best Paper Cutter for Cardstock)
Looking for something that will help you with your projects by delivering straight, precise cuts? I have a tool that will meet your needs. It is the paper cutter guillotine-style trimmer with a 10’’x 10’’ metal base.
I am talking about a full-length, quality steel blade with a locking feature for safer storage and transport.
It can cut up to 10 sheets at once, depending on the thickness of the paper. The base has many patterns and measurements. If you want a spring-loaded, curved blade, order this nice tool. Let’s check the cons.
- Lightweight and easy to move around
- Cuts cardstock very easily
- Great fit for beginners
- Easy to use and store
- Equipped with a full-length steel blade
- Does not cut well as competitors
- Has low material quality
- Difficult to cut more than 5 sheets at once
- The cuts are not precise at all
CARL 12220 Heavy Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer
CARL 12220 Heavy-Duty Rotary Paper Trimmer is a versatile tool that cuts cardstock, plastic sheets, and artist board. It has a patented locking rail mechanism and a paper holder made of light-harvesting acrylic that turns cutting into the easiest task ever. This baby has the capacity to cut through 36 sheets at once.
It has a perforating blade, straight blade, and a cutting mat. The adjustable paper guide is perfect for making repetitive cuts but that is not all that this tool has to offer. It also has a storage compartment for extra blades. Now, let’s review the advantages and disadvantages of this amazing paper cutting tool.
- Has a very sharp blade
- Ability to switch between the cutting blade and the perforating
- Contain storage space for extra blades
- Easily cuts various types of materials
- Has an adjustable magnetic paper gauge
- Some of the customers complain that blade loose sharpness
- Rule marks could have been better designed
Swingline 15-inch Paper Trimmer Guillotine Paper Cutter
Swingline 15-inch paper trimmer guillotine paper cutter is a reliable and steady cutting tool with a self-sharpening blade, a metal cutting art, and a solid wood base that provides excellent performance and durability. If you want a professional cutter that makes professional-looking cuts, this is the tool for you.
The cutting length of this baby is 15 inches while the base is 12 inches x 15 inches, so buying this cutter means that you will get a tool that meets your everyday cutting needs. It is perfect for trimming photos and documents. It also has the capability to cut through thicker materials like cardboard and mat board.
Thanks to the alignment grid, you will get precise cuts. The dual scale ruler will provide easy measuring, no matter if you measure in centimeters or inches. The best part? It also has a safety feature for keeping your fingers safe and a 10-year limited warranty. Make sure to check the pros and cons before buying it.
- Able to cut through 8 sheets so easily
- The cutting blade is very sharp
- Has self-sharpening ability
- Can do clean and easy cuts
- Great durability and performance
- The guard is too close to the cutting blade
- Not suitable for very small works
- The base is not constructed from solid wood
Mophorn Paper Cutter A3 Industrial Heavy Duty Guillotine Trimmer 17Inch
(Best A3 Paper Cutter)
Mophorn Paper Cutter A3 is an industrial heavy-duty guillotine cutter with a cutting length of 17 inches. It is well-built and includes a hardened steel blade, a razor-sharp, a heavy-duty super long metal handle and an adjustable side gauge. It is the safest, most accurate and user-friendly paper cutter and trimmer.
It comes with a locking mechanism for two-handed operations that ensures safety. If you want a cutter that is professionally made for precise cuts, this model is ideal for you. It is the perfect fit for individuals, churches, schools, offices, printing houses and other businesses. Now, let’s check out the pros and cons.
- Sturdy and heavy construction
- Best paper cutter for small business
- Great cutting ability
- Easy to use
- Need minimal assemble
- Not include user instructions
- The grid marks are made in metrics instead of inches
- You need to hold paper while cutting
Tonic Studios 808 8-1/2-Inch Guillotine Paper Trimmer
Looking for the perfect cutting tool for scrapbooking, paper crafts, school tasks, and other projects? I am about to present to you one of the best paper cutters and trimmers for 2020. It is the Tonic Studios 808 8-1/2-inch guillotine paper trimmer. It is perfect for fast and accurate cutting thanks to the sharp blade.
It features a stainless steel blade and makes the best tool for vellum paper and cardstock. However, this is just the beginning. This trimmer has a carry handle which makes it portable and a soft orange grip. The best part is the measuring grid in inches. Already interested in buying? Let’s review the pros & cons first.
- Very lightweight and portable design
- Cuts very fast and precise
- Includes carrying handle which improves the ergonomics
- Perfect for small projects
- Very Affordable
- Not enough safety implemented in this cutter
- Sometimes cuts are not clean
- Not heavy-duty
- The blade can easily become ragged
Dahle 552 Professional Rolling Trimmer 20"
Dahle 552 professional rolling trimmer has a 20 inches cutting length. It is made for accurate, precise cuts. However, I personally recommend this cutting tool because of the self-sharpening blade. I just love cutters with self-sharpening blades. I think that they are easier to maintain and provide better results.
If you want to buy a high-quality cutting tool, I suggest that you invest in this one. It is a German product and we all know that they make some of the best cutting tools on the market. It has an automatic clamp and a metal base among other amazing features. It is durable, versatile and comes with measurements.
- Designed from durable materials
- Has very sharp blades
- Features self-sharpening ability
- It is available in various sizes
- Perfect for heavy-duty work
- A bit expensive
- It is difficult to keep the paper straight
- The ruler is a metric instead of imperial
HFS 17 inch Blade A3 Heavy Duty Guillotine Paper Cutter
(Best Heavy Duty Paper Cutter)
Another impressive cutting tool by HFS is the 17-inch blade A3 heavy-duty guillotine cutter. Just like the previous model by this brand, this one is also capable of cutting through 400 sheets around 1.5’’ thick in a single pass. It also has a heavy-duty clamp for eliminating paper shifting. It is perfect for cutting books.
However, I am not talking about regular-sized books. This baby can cut larger books and posters. If you order this tool, you will never regret your purchase because it is a time and energy saver. The best part?
The solid steel construction ensures longevity and durability. It also has rubber feet at every corner for slipping prevention. The handle is removable for easy storage. Now, let’s summarize the pros and cons.
- Easy to replace the blade
- Ensure safety while working
- Solid and durable construction
- Suitable for heavy-duty work
- Great customer care
- Unable to precisely cut a big quantity of paper
- A quite heavy cutter
- Has low portability because is large
- The stop-bar has a slight wiggle
QCM 8200M Heavy Duty Desktop Stack Paper Cutter
(Best Stack Paper Cutter)
Last but not least, QCM 8200M Heavy-Duty Desktop Stack Paper Cutter has a spot on my list because it is recommended by many satisfied customers. It is a time saver and delivers precise, professional results that will impress you. With this baby, you will get the job done in just minutes thanks to the sharp blade.
Unlike other cutting tools, this one is reasonably-priced and ensures a smooth, enjoyable experience. If you want something that cuts through 360 sheets in a single pass, this is the model for you. It features a solid steel blade carrier with needle bearing joints and safety features. Now, let’s check the pros & cons.
- Good customer support
- Very easy to assemble
- Easy to use
- Outstanding construction
- Good for the price
- The clamp mechanism is not tight
- The blade has dulled easily
- Has low accuracy while cutting
- Unable to provide square cut
What is the Best Guillotine Paper Cutter?
What is best for you may not be that good for the next user. The best guillotine paper cutter varies from person to person, depending on their needs and expectations. However, if you want to buy a top-quality and stylish guillotine paper cutter, look no further than Jielisi 12 inch A4 Size Paper Trimmer and Cutter.
It is one of the best guillotine paper cutters out there along with Swingline ClassicCut Lite Guillotine 12 inch Paper Trimmer and Cutter and Fiskars 01-005452 12 Inch Recycled Bypass Trimmer.
They provide safety, precise and clean cutting. Also, they have reasonable prices unlike most other cutters out there.
What is the Difference Between a Paper Trimmer and a Guillotine?
The biggest difference between a paper trimmer and a guillotine is the blade. A paper trimmer features a blade on a track that you can slide up and down. The guillotine comes with a handle with a blade that goes up and down to cut your sheet. If you want to learn more about their differences, read this article.
Rotary or Guillotine Paper Cutter
The rotary paper cutter has a round cutting blade enclosed for your safety inside a plastic case. When using it, the blade slides up and down a metal guide bar. This type of paper cutters is best for making perfectly straight cuts on the low volume of almost any paper stock and other items that are not thick.
Rotary cutters are often used by designers, photographers, schools, advertising agencies, and homes for things putting together specialized photo albums and scrapbooking. Guillotine paper cutters, also known as paper cutters are often used for large volume projects and can handle thicker sheets of paper as well.
They provide clean and straight cuts. If you choose a guillotine paper cutter, you will be able to cut thick sheets of paper, unlike trimmers. Also, you can cut thick sheets in different sizes and get precise results.
Westcott vs Fiskars Paper Trimmer
Wescott is a high-quality brand in the market. It produces medium and low-grade products. However, it also delivers technology-oriented and innovative products. Their cutters are unique and exceptional in a way recognizable for this brand. They offer reliable and durable tools for an enjoyable fun experience.
Fiskars focuses on recycling. Most of their tools are made of recycled resin, including their best guillotine and rotary tools. Also, it is the only brand with an official orange-handheld trademark incorporated in its tools. No matter which Fiskars’ tool you buy, you cannot go wrong. They master durability and precision.
What is the Best Paper Cutter for Card Making?
You can choose out of many paper cutters for card making including Tonic Studios Mini Guillotine Paper Trimmer 6 inch. You can review the complete description of this great paper cutter in my reviews above.
Can You Cut Laminated Paper with a Paper Cutter?
Yes, however, cutting a laminated paper can dull the blade faster than any other paper. Whether or not cutting a laminated paper with a paper cutter is possible depends on the construction of your tool too. If your paper cutter is designed for medium to high-volume cutting, then doing this is absolutely possible.
How Do You Cut Thick Paper Straight?
Cutting thick paper straight is easier than you think. Just take a ruler with a 90-degree angle and lay it on the material. Make sure that one of the sides lines up with the selvage edge while the other one crosses the material at a 90-degree angle. Hold your ruler tightly. Draw a line. For detailed steps read this guide.
Can You Cut Photo Paper?
Yes, you can cut photo paper in 2 ways. You can use rotary paper trimmers and guillotine paper cutters to do it. Not only that they cut photos but also can handle glossy, laminated paper, cardboard and more.
What is the Best Way to Use a Paper Cutter?
First and foremost, position your paper cutter on a solid, flat surface. After, press and release the latch of the blade. It is usually placed under the blade’s handgrip. Next, raise the blade to a 65-degree angle.
Take around 30 sheets of paper. Align them under the clamp that is placed near the blade arm by using the built-in grid marks of the cutter as a guide. Last but not least, secure your paper by holding it with your hand. Push on the arm for cutting through your paper. When done, lock the arm for safer storage.
How Do You Sharpen a Paper Cutter Blade?
First, you should know that your blade may not need sharpening at all. It may need honing only. Since a cutting edge of the blade is so thin, it bends slightly in normal use. This makes your paper cutter unable to cut properly or at all. Honing your blade means straightening that edge and repairing its ability to cut.
If your blade needs sharpening, remove it from the mount. Take off the hexagonal bolts with a wrench.
First, check your instruction manual before doing anything. Use stone for sharpening and make sure that it is a fine 1,000-grit and better. The higher the number, the finner the grip. You can use a bench grinder.
If you think that you cannot do it, contact a professional or watch this video in order to learn how to do it the right way. And please wear protection glasses if you choose to sharpen your blade with a grinder.
Having the best paper cutter and trimmer makes your work a lot easier and safer. Keep your fingers safe and pick one of the paper cutters presented above. I personally recommend Jielisi 12 inch A4 Size Paper Trimmer and Cutter and Fiskars 01-005452 12 Inch Recycled Bypass Trimmer for every project you have.
Have you ever used some of these tools before? What is your experience? Would you recommend any?
Share in the comment section down below. Deel free to ask any questions associated with cutting tools. I will be happy to answer them for you and help you choose a paper cutter and trimmer for your needs.