If you adore sewing and making quilts, you will agree with us that owning a quality iron is a must. Every professional sewist should have a good iron in their toolbox. And not only pros but newbies as well. It is an important tool for different purposes in sewing and quilting.
And if this is your first time shopping for iron, we recommend that you invest more money into buying a quality one. The best iron for sewing and quilting should not only smooth out the fabric, press out creases and set steams, but provide durability and protection as well.
Let’s cut the small talk and move onto the main reason why you opened this guide. We have selected the best irons on the market and shared tips on how to pick the best one for you.h6
- What is the Best Iron for Quilting and Sewing?
- 18 Best Irons For Sewing & Quilting Comparison Chart 2020
- Best Irons for Sewing & Quilting Reviews 2020
- Rowenta DW5080 Micro Steam Iron
- BLACK & DECKER D2030 Steam Iron
- Steamfast Mini Travel Steam Iron
- Oliso TG1600 Smart Iron
- Reliable Velocity 200IR Generator Iron
- Oliso TG1050 Smart Iron
- Rowenta DW6080 Steam Iron
- Laurastar Pulse Ironing System
- Reliable 3000IS Ironing System
- Rowenta DG7530 Compact Steam Iron
- Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron
- Sapporo SP527 Steam Iron
- Gravity ES-300 Feed Steam Iron
- Panasonic NI-W810CS Steam Iron
- Shark GI505 Professional Steam Iron
- Oliso TG1600 Smart Iron
- BLACK & DECKER F67E Steam Iron
- BLACK+DECKER IR40V Steam Iron
- What is The Best Cordless Iron?
- Things to Consider
- Which is The Best Iron to Buy For Quilting?
- What is an Iron Used For in Sewing? How Should I Use It?
- Final verdict
What is the Best Iron for Quilting and Sewing?
Sewing and making quilts requires a high-quality iron. That is why picking the right one is important. In order to help your search, I have put the focus on some of the best models by popular brands out there but do not forget to read their detailed reviews, including their pros and cons before you make your purchase.
- Best Overall: Rowenta DW5080 Steam Iron
“Micro steam 400 holes for best steam distribution, anti-drip system, variable steam, powerful pressure.”
- Runner Up: BLACK & DECKER D2030 Steam Iron
“Variable steam, temperature controls, auto shutoff for added peace of mind, comfortable grip handle.”
- Best Budget: Steamfast Mini Travel Steam Iron
“Compact, perfect for travel, cheap, dual voltage convenience, quick heat-up time, travel bag included.”
- Best for Quilting and Sewing: Reliable 3000IS Ironing System
“Pro steam-ironing system, 3/8-gallon capacity, auto shut-off, a low-water indicator light, powerful.”
- Best Reliable: Reliable Velocity 200IR Generator Iron
“On-demand steam, 1800 watts of power, effortless fill, 360 swivel cord, sensor touch-in technology.”
- Best Compact: Rowenta Green DG7530 Steam Station
“Smooth gliding and precision tip, excellent smooth finish, wide steam distribution, 40 oz water tank.”
- Best Steam Iron: Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron
“Three-way motion smart auto-off for extra safety, a self-clean system for optimal performance, 1400W.”
- Best Dry: Panasonic NI-W810CS Steam/Dry Iron
“Innovative design, 2-for-1 with self-cleaning and jet-of-steam, user-friendly, a powerful burst of steam.”
- Best Lightweight: Oliso TG1050 Smart Iron
“Stainless steel soleplate with mirror glade finish, consistent steam flow, iTouch technology, compact.”
- Best Oliso: Oliso TG1600 Smart Iron
“Great concept, excellent performance, iTouch technology, 3 steam settings, 2-inch detailer tip, 1800W.”
- Best for Sewing Clothes: Shark GI505 Professional Steam Iron
“A multi-position feature, anti-drip system, stainless steel soleplate, high-professional results, 1800W.”
- Best for Sewing Projects: BLACK & DECKER F67E Classic Steam Iron
“Anti-drip system, aluminum soleplate for smooth and non-stick results, user-friendly, excellent quality.”
- Best Rowenta: Rowenta DW6080 Steam Iron
“3D active soleplate with over 400 holes, stainless steel coating for scratch resistance, energy-efficient.”
18 Best Irons For Sewing & Quilting Comparison Chart 2020
Before we move on to the best irons for sewing reviews, would you like to see how some of the most popular models on the market in 2020 compared to each other?
- Top 6 Best Shark Iron Reviews 2020 (Recommended)
- Top 8 Best Cordless Iron You Can Buy 2020 (Recommended)
- 27 Best Ironing Board Cover and Pad Reviews 2020
- 21 Best Rowenta Iron to Buy 2020 - Reviewed
- Top 39 Best Garment Clothes Steamer Reviews 2020
- Top 41 Best Ironing Board Reviews 2020
- 40 Best Steam Irons to Buy 2020 - Clothing Iron Reviews
Here’s a quick side-by-side comparison, using five essential criteria!
Best Irons for Sewing & Quilting Reviews 2020
We have done our research on the best irons for sewing and quilting, so you do not have to and picked 18 top products worth reviewing. Let’s check them out together and see if you find a match.
Each one of these irons has an acceptable price and top-quality performance.
Rowenta DW5080 Micro Steam Iron
If you are a professional sewist, you have probably heard of Rowenta brand for irons. It is one of the most respected, well-known brands on the market for all the good reasons. One of their best models is the precise DW5080 1700-Watt Micro Steam Iron Stainless Steel.
As you can notice by the name of the product, it offers 1700 watts of power and stainless steel soleplate that never rusts. It is modern and offers impressive steam capabilities and boosted features like anti-drip system, ergonomic controls, and sharper precision tip. Does it appear to be the perfect iron for both household and professional use? Yes, absolutely!
- Modern design and stainless steel soleplate
- Microsteam 400 holes for best steam distribution
- Powerful steam pressure for wrinkle removal
- Excellent for difficult fabrics and materials
- Anti-drip system and variable steam
- Some customers claim that it is overpriced for the performance
- Some have reported that it smells like burnt plastic at the highest setting
- Allegedly, it does not heat as well as similar models on the market
BLACK & DECKER D2030 Steam Iron
If you are looking for a durable and powerful iron, this is the one. Black and Decker D2030 Digital Advantage Professional Steam Iron has a lot to offer, starting from stainless steel soleplate which slides smoothly over different fabrics and presses out wrinkles with ease.
It features a comfortable grip handle and high steam rate, while the customizable digital settings provide the perfect amount of steam, depending on the fabric. It also has digital temperature control and flashes “READY” when preheated to the chosen temperature. It has an automatic shutoff for extra safety. What more could you possibly ask for?
- Variable steam and temperature controls
- Automatic shutoff for added peace of mind
- A durable and powerful model
- Stainless steel soleplate
- Comfortable grip handle
- High steam rate
- Some users have noticed dripping in the first minutes of ironing
- It does not have a memory feature to memorize your last settings
Steamfast Mini Travel Steam Iron
Steamfast Mini Travel Steam Iron is one of the best irons on the market because of many reasons. One of them os quick heat up time, as you can notice by the name of the iron. It is well-equipped and will help you finish your all projects on time. Thanks to the 420 watts of power, it will remove the toughest wrinkles from almost any type of fabric you throw at it!
It comes with a 2-year hassle-free warranty and customer support in case something goes wrong and you need help! Did we mention that this super iron has dual voltage convenience? Yes! Just select between 100 and 240 volts and adjust your new iron to your preferences.
- Plastic measuring cup and travel bag included
- Compact, lightweight and suitable for travel
- Dual voltage convenience (between 100 and 240 volts)
- 2-year hassle-free warranty + customer support
- 420 watts of power and quick heat up time (15s)
- Only three steam holes on the tip
- It does not have the best steam spread
- Not the best choice for quilters
Oliso TG1600 Smart Iron
Thanks to the iTouch technology, Oliso TG1600 Smart Iron will prevent you from burns, tipping, and scorching. However, this is not the only reason why this model appeared on our list of best irons It also has pro-press stainless steel soleplate and an automatic shut-off.
The thick chromium finish soleplate is scratch-resistant and glides smoothly on any fabric. It is ideal for quilters, crafters and sewers. It is durable, very powerful, however, safe as well, despite the 1800 watts of power. It heats up fast, meaning you can use it in seconds.
However, that is not all. It features 3 steam settings including vertical burst with 3 steam levels, horizontal burst and continuous burst. And you will love the detailer 2-inch tip which will get between every pocket and cuffs without much effort and provide the best results.
- ITOUCH technology which prevents burns
- Pro-press stainless steel soleplate
- Automatic shut-off which provides safety
- 1800 watts of power and heats up quickly
- 3 steam settings and 2-inch detailer tip
- Very difficult to empty the water tank after use
- Some users claim that the steam is not as good as stated
- Other customers complain about the price of the product
Reliable Velocity 200IR Generator Iron
If you are looking for the ultimate product, this is it! Velocity 200IR compact vapor iron is one of the best on the market. It is designed for professionals and offers internal water heating. Meaning, it turns water into steam before it even reaches the soleplate like other pro models on the market. It will never spit water and leak like most models in the market. It delivers continuous steam that will impress you and provides a 1-year limited warranty.
- 1800 watts of power
- On-demand steam
- Automatic shut-off (8 minutes)
- Effortless fill
- Safe for everyone
- 360 swivel cord
- 1-year limited warranty
- Sensor touch-in technology
- Modern and stylish
- Some buyers claim that the iron appeared heavier than expected
Oliso TG1050 Smart Iron
Just like the previous Oliso model we reviewed, this one has iTouch technology that will make sure that you never burn yourself while ironing again. This one too has stainless steel soleplate with mirror glide finish for optimal heat retention and consistent steam flow due to the extra steam holes. It offers 1600 watts of power and heats up quickly, in seconds.
It represents the perfect tools for both household and professional use. However, this is not everything that Oliso TG1050 has to offer. It also has an automatic shut-off, 3 steam settings and a detailer tip that will get between the pockets or cuffs without much effort.
- 1600 watts of power and heats up very quickly
- 3 steam settings and an automatic shut-off
- Stainless steel soleplate with mirror glade finish
- Consistent steam flow due to the extra steam holes
- ITOUCH technology that will protect you from burns
- Some customers claim that the iron leaves water spots on clothing
- The pieces of molded plastic in the handle don’t fit together perfectly
Rowenta DW6080 Steam Iron
One of Rowenta’s best models is exactly this one! DW6080 Eco-Intelligence Energy Saving Steam Iron. It saves 25% energy and offers 1700 watts of power. However, the fact that it saves energy does not mean that it is weaker than other models on the market. Rowenta DW6080 still offers high performance just like you would expect out of any Rowenta iron.
However, the best part about this iron is the stainless steel soleplate which concentrates the steam output and saves energy. Meaning, it requires less steam and energy, however, it still provides powerful results. Do not hesitate to buy this product if you are left-handed.
This model is suitable for both left and right-handed users. Besides the features we have mentioned, there are also three steam settings, including the setting for saving energy.
- A stainless steel coating on the soleplate for scratch resistance
- A round shape at the back for easy sliding without creases in the fabric
- 3D active soleplate with over 400 micro holes for best steam distribution
- Energy-efficient requires less energy but provides powerful results
- Suitable for both left-handed and right-handed users
- 3 different steam settings, including the one for saving energy
- Some users claim that it is turning off only after a few minutes of constant use
- The dial is hard to read, according to some of the customer reviews we found online
Laurastar Pulse Ironing System
Just like the previous product on the list, this one too has 3D active soleplate. However, it has other benefits to offer besides that. We are happy to mention that this is Laurastar’s new technological innovation with a dual-speed active board and integrated steam generator.
If you buy this product, it will embellish your creations and enhance their appearance. It offers immediate heating. You can use it in less than 3 minutes. It also offers ergonomic-6 height adjustment settings and a broad ironing surface suitable for every type of clothing.
The water tank has a 6-ounce capacity and built-in anti-limescale filter which allows you to use tap water. Just like every other model of iron on our list, this one has automatic shut-off as well.
Easy to use. Easy to move around. And easy to store. What more do you need?
- Dual-speed active board and integrated steam generator
- Ergonomic-6 height adjustment settings
- Broad ironing surface perfect for different clothing
- Quick heating and automatic shut-off
- Easy to use, portable, and easy to store
- One of the latest innovations on the market
- Some users complain about the poor quality of the product
- Other buyers claim that the weight did not feel sufficient
Reliable 3000IS Ironing System
If you are looking for iron for professional needs, the Reliable 3000IS Ironing system is the best choice for you. A compact, professional quality iron with a stainless steel outer shell that will make you fall in love with at first use. It is the perfect choice for both pros and beginners who want to boost their skills and provide better sewing and quilting crafts.
- Pro steam-ironing system
- 3/8-gallon capacity
- Automatic shut-off
- A low-water indicator light
- Simple but powerful product
- Heats up in less than 15 minutes
- Provides 2 h of continuous steam
- Stainless steel steam tank
- 1-year limited warranty
- The handle stays too hot for a long time
- The water level light might malfunction
Rowenta DG7530 Compact Steam Iron
Another model by Rowenta which deserves to be on the list of best irons for sewing is the Green DG7530 compact steam station. It provides super smooth gliding while the precision tip helps you reach ‘untouchable’ places and provides excellent, smooth finish thanks to the broad distribution of steam. It features 40 oz water tank capacity which offers 90 min of continuous steam with one fill. Very easy to move around and provides automatic shut-off.
It also features an indicator which alerts you when the tank needs cleaning or a refill. Just in case you are used to adding water containing additives like perfume, we have to mention that you should not use them with this iron. It can affect the steam performance and lead to premature aging of the product. Other than that, you can do whatever you want with it!
- Super smooth gliding and precision tip reaches hard-to-reach places
- Excellent smooth finish thanks to the wide steam distribution
- 40 oz water tank capacity which offers 90 minutes of continuous steam
- Automatic shut-down, cleaning or refilling indicator, easy to move around
- You cannot use water containing additives such as perfume
- Some users claim that the product is leaking water occasionally
- Other buyers claim that it did not arrive in a good condition
Sunbeam Steammaster Steam Iron
Have you ever heard of Sunbeam Steammaster? It is one of the best steam irons in the market with 1400 watts of power and a large anti-drip, non-stick stainless steel surface.
The anti-drip system prevents water leakage no matter the temperature setting you pick. The best part is that it features a shot of steam feature which provides an extra burst of steam on vertically hanging clothes or flat surfaces. One of the best irons on the market.
- 3-Way motion smart auto-off for extra safety
- Self-clean system for optimal performance
- 1400 watts of power and a 3-year limited warranty
- Weakened performance and slow heating over time
- The button to retract the cord might get stuck
- Some buyers complain about the weight of the iron
Sapporo SP527 Steam Iron
If you have never tried a gravity-feed iron, we are warning you about this one! You will find it very hard to live without and regret you did not buy it earlier! It offers dry voluminous steam, sets pleats instantly, opens seams, gives sharper creases, flattens darts, and more.
Sapporo is an extremely easy to use, energy efficient ironing system that will make your life easier. Easy to maintain and heats up fast while preserving energy. You do not have to worry about durability because this product was built to serve you for many years to come.
Did we mention that it does not need a boiler? It is a self-contained ironing system which utilizes a separate water bottle that should be suspended above the working area. Modern and elegant design that will impress you. It comes with some extra gifts we will not unveil.
- Gravity-feed iron
- Super economy
- Excellent performance
- Easy maintenance
- Stylish appearance
- Free gifts included
- Heats up very quickly
- Some users complain about the tough smell it releases
- Other buyers claim that they did not receive a manual
- According to some reviews, it is very hot and very heavy
Gravity ES-300 Feed Steam Iron
Another gravity-feed steam iron that is definitely worth your time and attention is Silver Star ES-300. It is an industrial model with all accessories needed. An ideal alternative for those who do not want to buy a steam iron that costs more money, tank, and space. But just like any other product on the market, it is not flawless. If you buy this baby, you will have to figure out a way to keep the cord from hanging above your workspace. Other than that, it is a great choice for professionals. Effective steam which is perfect for large projects.
- Does not leak unlike most irons on the market
- Effective steam, perfect for large ironing tasks
- Gravity-feed steam iron with all the accessories
- Length of the cord is the only disadvantage
Panasonic NI-W810CS Steam Iron
Multi-directional ironing has just become easier thanks to Panasonic NI-W810CS dry iron with ceramic soleplate. It is the only iron on our list with a ceramic soleplate and will turn ironing into an easy and fun task. A feature-rich and simple to use multi-directional steam that will make your life a lot easier. It has an innovative dial-point design for fast results.
However, the best part is the adjustable steam button which allows you to select the right amount of steam depending on the fabric. And it was awarded ‘the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval’.
It comes with a 1-year limited warranty and promises great, smooth results.
- Easy to use
- Innovative design
- 2-for-1 with self-cleaning and jet-of-steam
- A powerful burst of steam for stubborn wrinkles
- Spray mist button that will help you eliminate wrinkles easily
- 1-year limited warranty
- Some users claim that it is very hard to use
If you want an American product, this is the iron for you. Shark GI505 Professional Steam Iron that will make your ironing dreams come true. A garment steamer with fabric selector and automatic shut-off for extra safety. It provides 1800 watts of power, and consistent professional results when ironing your fabrics. It also has a stainless steel soleplate, extra large water tank, anti-drip system, anti-calcification feature, and a multi-position feature.
One of the best products on the market that is worth the investment. Simple to use, easy to carry around and maintain. It comes with an 8 ft. long cord and excellent performance.
- 1800 watts of power
- Consistent professional results
- Stainless steel soleplate
- Large water tank
- Anti-drip system
- Anti-calcification feature
- Multi-position feature
- Excellent performance
- Some buyers claim that the iron left big stains on some of their clothing
- Others noticed leaking from time to time and their cord broke after time
Oliso TG1600 Smart Iron
Just like the previous models we presented by Oliso, this one too has iTouch technology in order to prevent burns, tipping or scorching. It features a stainless steel soleplate with a thick chromium finish for scratch resistance, durability, and unparalleled glide. This one is specially designed for quilters, sewers, and crafters. It provides 1800 watts of power and an auto-shutdown for safety. Besides all this, it has 3 steam settings and a 2-inch detailer tip as well. Great concept and excellent performance that will definitely leave you stunned.
- ITOUCH technology
- Stainless steel soleplate
- 1800 watts of power
- Automatic shut-off
- 2-inch detailer tip
- 3 steam settings
- Great concept
- Excellent performance
- Professional iron
- Limited instructions
- Unnecessary noise
- Catches on fabric
BLACK & DECKER F67E Steam Iron
Not that we are saving the best for last but almost any iron by Black and Decker falls into the list of best irons on the market. This one brings simplicity to the table. Also, it brings style to your ironing. Just like the previous models, it has an automatic shut-off and anti-drip system to prevent water leakage. The aluminum soleplate offers smooth, non-stick finish that slides over different fabrics easily and removes wrinkles without much effort.
- Better quality than other models at the same price
- An excellent and precise detailer tip
- Simple and easy to use but powerful performance
- Aluminum soleplate for smooth, non-stick results
- Anti-drip system to prevent water leakage
- Some customers complain about the poor and cheap design of some parts
- Other buyers say that it does not glide well over any fabric as described
BLACK+DECKER IR40V Steam Iron
Last but certainly not least is another model by Black and Decker with SmartSteam Tech that automatically regulates the amount of steam based on the temperature setting that you choose. It also features a 3-way auto shut-off for extra safety and anti-drip system.
It is slightly less powerful than other models by Black and Decker we presented. However, it is definitely worth the investment. It provides a non-stick soleplate for best results and smooth finish across different types of fabrics without much effort. And the best part is the spray mist button which will help you moisten fabrics and smooth away deep wrinkles.
- SmartSteam technology
- 3-Way auto shut-off
- Anti-drip system
- Non-stick soleplate
- Spray mist button
- There is no on/off switch
- It is smaller than presented
- It produces weird sounds
What is The Best Cordless Iron?
Most people focus on buying a portable and lightweight iron. So, if you are sick of tangling wires and want something compact and easy to carry around, you should probably consider buying a cordless iron. However, keep in mind that cordless irons have their pros and cons.
- No cord
- Easy ironing
- Not powerful enough due to poor heat pressure
- Power source still needed for charging the iron
- Buying a quality ironing board with charging space
- Limited choice and costlier than corded irons
Now that you know the benefits and disadvantages of cordless irons, let’s check the pros and cons of corded irons and decide which one matches your needs and requirements best.
- Continuous high heat
- High steam pressure
- Plenty of choices
- Acceptable price
- Cord messes around while working
- Cord may fray over time and expose cables
- Harder to store than cordless irons
Now that we have compared both models, the main question is, which one is better? Well, we highly suggest corded irons, despite the disadvantages associated with the cord. If you ask why it is because corded irons provide continuous heat and impressive heat pressure.
However, if you do not need super hot steam iron and do not mind the lower temperature, you can give a cordless iron a chance. If you work on light projects like pants and shirts, a cordless iron will work for you. However, if you work on heavy-duty projects, buy a corded iron. Continuous high heat is important when you iron sheets and curtains for best results.
Now, let’s check the top 18 products we have chosen for you and read their pros and cons.
Things to Consider
Purchasing an iron can be a bit challenging, considering the many brands and types on the market at the moment. However, we have you covered. If you are new to this, there are a few iron features that you should pay attention to before you make your final purchase.
Always pay attention to the weight of the iron you plan to purchase. Most people focus on the light, portable models. However, we suggest that you purchase a heavy iron in order to get some extra power behind that press. Do you remember the big old-fashioned irons and much they weighted? Yes, they were hard to move around but they were doing a great job.
The cord is the second most important feature you should look after when buying an iron. Take a good look at it! The cord of each iron is made specifically for right-handed or left-handed users. However, some irons have retractable cords. We suggest that you get one of those. If you want cordless iron for sewing, read on to find out of they are worth it.
Water tank size
If you are easily annoyed, we recommend that you buy an iron with a large water tank. If you buy one with a small tank, you will have to fill up your iron every day. And it will annoy you. However, if you buy one with a larger tank, you have a couple of days until you re-fill.
Auto Shut-Off Feature – Yay or Nay?
Although some people do not like the auto shut off feature in modern irons, it is recommended for your own safety. If your iron comes with auto shut-off, you do not have to worry about causing damage if you leave it plugged. Also, it is suggested that you shut down and unplug once you are done using your iron.
After, place it in the kitchen sink or someplace safe to cool down. If your iron is around 20 years old and does not have a shut-off feature, think about replacing it before you cause any serious damage at home.
The auto shut off will NOT cause disturbance while working such as unexpected shutdown or waiting for your iron to warm up again. It will make sure that you do not use your iron for a certain amount of time.
For example, if you leave your iron on the soleplate or lay it its side for 30 seconds that is when the shut-off feature kicks in. If your iron is standing on its heel, it will shut off after 8, 15 or 30 minutes depending on the type of iron you own. To switch the iron back on, shake it gently and wait for it to heat up quickly.
You can also unplug the appliance from the outlet if you want to shut down the safety feature. Plug back in and turn it on. Or just press the reset button on the control panel. Your iron will heat up immediately.
This is one of the crucial features you should pay attention to when buying an iron. We say that you pick the iron that heats up in less than 5 minutes or so. Waiting for 20 minutes to iron a garment is painstaking. This is why you should choose an iron with quick heating time.
If you are working with heavy fabrics most of the time, we recommend that you purchase an iron with a strong steam pressure with a trigger. It removes creases out of heavy-duty fabric such as canvas and denim. Powerful steam pressure can remove tough wrinkles too.
Did you know that most irons malfunction and die within the one-year warranty timeframe? This is why you should always buy from a respected and popular brand with great customer service with a fast response just in case your iron breaks and you need a replacement fast.
Which is The Best Iron to Buy For Quilting?
Which one is the best iron for quilting depends on the quilter? However, there are multiple important features you should look after when purchasing an iron. For example, the weight, power functions, soleplate which should be non-stick, and variable heat settings.
However, if this is your first time buying iron and have no idea which brand to review and how to pick the right iron, scroll down. Check out the comparison chart and reviews that can help you.
What is an Iron Used For in Sewing? How Should I Use It?
Iron is one of the most important tools in sewing. However, you probably wonder why. Well, it is very helpful when sewers work on precise projects like quilts. Ironing your creations will make them look well-polished and professional. Ironing goes hand by hand with sewing.
So, if you are new to the sewing world and despise ironing, get used to it! How you use your iron on your crafts matters too. If you want to remove wrinkles, just slide back & forth on your material.
However, if you want to press your crafts, put your iron on the material and lift it repetitively instead of sliding/pushing it. If you are a newbie, follow these few tips.
Tip 1: Always iron before you cut!
If you do not iron your fabric before you cut, it might result in inaccurate cuts and affect the final appearance. It does not matter if you are working on leftovers or larger projects, ironing should be an unavoidable step of your sewing process. You will regret if you skip it! However, you will never regret doing it, which means, it can do only good for your sewing.
Tip 2: Ask water for help if you want quick results
If you want the best results, always ask water for help! However, keep in mind that the amount of water and heat depends on the material you are ironing.
Tip 3: Learn the difference between ironing and pressing
If you are a beginner, you should learn the difference between pressing and ironing. Most people think it is the same thing. But it is not. In fact, there is a huge difference between ironing and pressing. Ironing is moving back and forth over your material to smooth it out.
However, pressing represents lifting your iron and setting it down over your material. And it is suggested that you iron before you cut and sew fabric. After you have sewn a seam we recommend pressing instead of ironing. It offers flatter seams and better results. Lift up your iron and use your fingers to open the seam and use your iron to press it again.
We sincerely hope that this guide will help you choose the best iron for sewing and make your sewing a lot easier. Share your opinion on the topic in the comments below and do not forget to share this article with someone you love. Have you ever tried some of the irons we mentioned above? What is your experience with corded and cordless irons? Hit us up!