Happy New Year 2020!
Ring in the new year with a decade worth of Cricut deals: Cricut New Year Sale
Are you a professional designer? Are you thinking of upgrading your sewing machines? Are you considering replacing your home sewing machine with an industrial one?
The large-scale fashion brands invest heavily in the best industrial sewing machines. These machines are used to craft stunning pieces carefully. If you need an industrial machine or you are not sure just yet, then this article is a perfect read for you.
What are Industrial Sewing Machines?
Most people who sew work with different types of commercial sewing machines. An industrial sewing machine is quite different from its domestic counterpart in terms of structure and durability.
It can also handle different kinds of materials. Industrial sewing machines are constructed for more professional tasks.
There are various types of industrial sewing machines with different specializations.
Do You Really Need a Professional Sewing Machine?
There are different types of sewing machines. There are sewing machines for beginners, and regular machines used at home. The industrial machines are for sewing that’s done on a larger scale.
Before we explore the characteristics of the best industrial sewing machines 2020, let’s consider when you might require one.
When You Need to Sew On a Large Scale
If you sew a lot, then you might require an industrial machine. Some people think they should get an industrial sewing machine when they want elegant stitches. There are home sewing machines that can achieve this. Only get an industrial machine when you have more than medium scale projects to complete.
When You Need it Set Up Permanently
Industrial machines are usually built into the work table. This makes it a lot easier to work. When you work with your machine every day, this is a great feature. You can get back to work as soon as you are ready to.
When You Need to Hurry
If you need to hurry up your work, then this sort of machine is perfect for you. Workers with timed deadlines would love this feature. The stronger engines built into industrial machines make them run all that much faster.
When You Need Customization
Industrial machines have many great features. They are particularly handy when you have to reproduce a precise specification on a large scale. These machines are suitable for accomplishing a limited set of tasks repeatedly.
21 Best Industrial Sewing Machines 2020
Choosing a suitable industrial sewing machine from the wide range of options available can be quite tiresome. We’ve decided to make it a lot easier by comparing some of the key features of the best industrial sewing machines of 2020 below.
|PRODUCT||DIMENSIONS (Inches)||MAX. STITCHING SPEED||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|JUKI DDL-8700-Servo Industrial Straight Stitch Sewing Machine - Great Choice For Commercial Users/ Silent Worker||48 x 20 x 48||5500 stitches/minute||125 pounds||$$|
|JUKI DDL-5550 Industrial Straight Stitch Sewing Machine - Great For Beginners||48 x 20 x 48||5500 stitches/minute||250 pounds||$$|
|Brother PQ1500SL Quilting and Sewing Machine - Great For Designers and Quilters||7.9 x 12.6 x 19.3||1,500 stitches per minute||33.5 pounds||$|
|SINGER Studio S16 Industrial-Grade True Straight Stitch Sewing and Quilting Machine - Cheap Industrial Sewing Machine||20 x 19 x 14||1,600 stitches per minute||31.5 pounds||$|
|Janome Industrial-Grade Aluminum-Body HD1000 Black Edition Sewing Machine - Good For Beginners/Best Budget||15.6 x 6.3 x 12.4||N/A||22.7 pounds||$|
|Yamata FY8700 Lockstitch w/New Sewing Machine - Good For Professionals||7 x 18-7/8 (Work space)||5,500 stitches per minute||70 pounds||$|
|SINGER 191D-30 Complete Industrial Commercial-Grade Straight-Stitch Sewing Machine - Great For Large-Scale Production of Different Designs and Upholstery||20 x 20 x 40||4,000 stitches per minute||200 pounds||$$|
|VEVOR 8700FRJTZZH000001V1 500 Stitches Industrial Sewing Machine - Affordable Choice||5 x 26 x 13||1,500 stitches per minute||166 pounds||$|
|JUKI DU-1181N Industrial Top and Bottom Feed Sewing Machine - Suitable For Commercial Use||40 x 20 x 48||2,000 stitches per minute||250 pounds||$$|
|TechSew 2700 Leather Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine - Great Choice For Almost any Skill Level||10.5 (Cylinder bed length)||2,200 stitches per minute||N/A||$$$|
|TechSew 2900 Leather Patcher Industrial Sewing Machine - Great Choice For Leather Materials||12 (Cylinder arm length)||500 stitches per minute||N/A||$$$$|
|Juki HZL-F600 Computerized Sewing and Quilting Machine - Great For Skilled Users||14 x 23 x 16||900 stitches per minute||33.4 pounds||$$|
|Juki HZL-DX7 Series Sewing Machine - Basic Industrial Sewing Machine||8.2 x 17.5 x 11.5||1,050 stitches per minute||35.9 pounds||$$|
|JUKI TL-2000Qi Sewing and Quilting Machine - Editor's Choice||17.8 x 8.6 x 13.8||1,500 stitches per minute||37.8 pounds||$|
|Rex Portable Walking-Foot Sewing Machine - Fine Choice For Home Operators||8 x 10 x 0.1||N/A||37.3 pounds||$|
|TOYOTA Super Jeans J34 Sewing Machine - Great Choice For Jeans and Other Tough Fabric||18 x 14 x 9.2||N/A||14.9 pounds||$|
|Consew 206RB-5 Walking Foot Industrial Sewing Machine - Great Industrial Machine, Perfect For Advanced Upholstery||50 x 45 x 20||3,300 stitches per minute||200 pounds||$$$|
|JUKI MO-6714S Industrial 4-Thread Overlock Sewing Machine - Suitable For Bulky Goods/Large Work||48 x 20 48||7,000 stitches per minute||250 pounds||$|
|Brother Designio Series DZ1500F High-Speed Straight Stitch Sewing Machine - Great Choice For Heavy Fabrics||25 x 11.6 x 15.2||1,500 stitches per minute||32.9 pounds||$|
|JUKI DNU-1541 Industrial Walking Foot Sewing Machine - Durable Industrial Sewing Machine||48 x 20 x 48||2,500 stitches per minute||85 pounds||$$$|
|Singer CG590 Commercial Grade Sewing Machine||16 x 7 x 12.5||1,100 stitches per minute||19.2 pounds||$|
What is the Best Industrial Sewing Machine To Buy?
Every sewing machine has its functionality. This includes industrial sewing machines. Here are the top-notch industrial sewing machines reviews of 2020.
JUKI DDL-8700 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great Choice For Commercial Users/ Silent Worker)
The Juki DDL-8700 industrial sewing machine is a type of monogram machine. It is a single needle lockstitch machine. This feature makes it a commonly used commercial sewing machine during our time.
The machine was constructed to be used on various types of fabrics. This makes it an excellent choice for when you want to create a whole range of clothing. This could vary from light underwear to tougher jackets and coats.
The DDL 87700 straight stitch is reputable, and the servo-motor is one of its strongest points.
- Speed: When stitching, the DDL 8700 can go up to 5 millimeters in length. So it can generate about 5,500 stitches every 60 seconds
- The sewing Juki DDL 8700 is an excellent choice for bulk production
- Durability and Comfort: This machine is durable and can be operated noise-free
- The DDL 8700 creates quality designs
- It arrives at your doorstep already setup. This simplifies your work
- It is quite heavy
- The DDL 8700 can only do one type of stitch; the straight stitch
- It is not the best industrial sewing machine for leather textile especially leather-upholstery
- The machine doesn’t do too well on lightweight materials as well
Verdict– A silent industrial machine is a must-have for any peaceful environment. This sort of machine will be considered the best kind of industrial sewing machine for home use.
JUKI DDL-5550 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great For Beginners)
The Juki DDL 5550 Industrial Straight Stitch Sewing Machine executes professional sewing in a straight stitch. It also boasts high speed, making up to 5,500 stitches every sixty seconds.
The machine’s speed can vary from an intense speed to a much slower pace. This way, beginners can easily get the hang of it.
Although the DDL 5550 was constructed for light/medium weight textiles, it can be used at almost any skill level.
- High-quality products: The sewing Juki DDL 5550n consistently delivers superb stitching
- User friendly: Although the DDL 5550 is a professional machine, a beginner with minimal sewing experience can work it
- Can be used on multiple layers
- Speedy and durable, the Juki DDL 5550 has high records in terms of speed and durability
- It is not portable. It comes with a table and support-stand thus it is quite heavy
- The DDL 5550 is only capable of straight sewing stitches
Verdict– Fast and easy to use, the Juki DDL 5550 is a perfect machine for professionals to teach beginners with.
Brother PQ1500SL Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great For Designers and Quilters)
The sewing Brother PQ1500SL is a fantastic quilter. It is also a great professional sewing machine for designers
It has a spacious working area and can run for long periods. It also handles heavy materials and thick textiles masterfully.
Designed to be steady and strong, the machine is extremely durable. It also maintains incredible quality, even at a high pace.
- Long-lasting when handled properly
- The PQ1500SL comes with a 25-year warranty
- It has an adjustable sewing speed. The Brother can reach speeds of up to 1500 stitches per minute but can be adjusted to any preferred pace
- It is reasonably priced
- The needle threader and cutter aren’t easy to adjust or regulate
- Learning to operate it can be tedious and time-consuming
Verdict– If you are looking for a longtime investment, this might be a great buy for you. The 25-year warranty makes it a suitable machine for longterm projects.
SINGER S16 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Cheap Industrial Sewing Machine)
The Studio S16 sewing machine can only be used for straight stitches. It also has adjustable speeds. This means the user can set the pace to his tastes. This feature makes it appealing to designers.
It comes with an independent bobbin winding motor. This saves time because the user will be able to wind the bobbin without unthreading the top.
The machine also comes with an adjustable knee lifter, making it comfortable to use.
- Can maintain high speeds of up to 1600 stitches per minute and can be reduced to 100 stitches per minute for those with a preference for slower paces
- Comes with a relatively large area for sewing
- Convenient for home quilters and less professional designers
- Difficult to acquire. It is rarer to find than other industrial sewing machines
- Specializes in only one type of stitching thereby limiting its usage
Verdict – An adjustable knee lifter, a large area for sewing and speed adjustment features are must-haves for long working hours
Janome HD1000 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Good For Beginners/Best Budget)
The Janome HD 1000 is an all-around sewing machine. It has 14 different in-built stitches.
It is strong and built to last. The HD1000 is industrial grade, mostly made of aluminum. It is without plastic parts, which makes it extremely durable.
The machine comes with an in-built needle threader making it even easier for users to operate. It is an excellent choice for beginners.
- Can sew through different types of material including linen, cotton, fur, rayon, and suede
- The Janome HD1000 is durable. It’s metal casing makes it able to withstand wear and pressure
- Great choice of machinery for beginners and professionals
- Comes with basic and advanced features
- Its bandwidth for many materials does not extend to include some like reptile skin, rubber, plastic, canvas and so on
- Might begin to malfunction or overheat after extended usage
- The automatic-threading feature on the HD1000 doesn’t always work without hitch
Verdict – Metal-casing protects all delicate features of any industrial machinery.
Yamata FY8700 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Good For Professionals)
The Yamata FY8700 is s commercial tailoring machine with a consistent power-packed performance. It is known to work at high speeds during operation.
This professional machine is a lockstitch machine, and it has some incredible features, making it a fan-favorite in the sewing industry.
- Can reach and maintain a speed of about 5500 stitches every minute
- The FY8700 was built with advanced technology for noise reduction
- Comes with extra bobbins and needles
- Comes with an impressive workspace for its users
- Strong and durable, making it long-lasting
- Features a lot of different settings
- Might be too complicated for beginners without adequate help
- The machine is not cost-friendly
Verdict – A lockstitch machine should be your top pick when you want to render excellent professional services.
SINGER 191D-30 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great For Large-Scale Production of Different Designs and Upholstery)
The Singer 191D-30 is an industrial sewing machine that can be used to craft various designs consistently. The machine is particularly handy when you need quality work produced regularly.
Singer 191D-30 can sew up to 4000 stitches every minute. It can move at this pace for extended periods without the motor weakening.
The Singer 191D-30 is considered the best industrial sewing machine for upholstery by some professionals.
- The 191D-30 has a bobbin reverse feature, allowing users to make stronger seams
- Can work at high speeds. This makes it an excellent choice for bulk production
- The clutch motor in the machine gives off a large amount of power. This makes Singer 191D-30 suitable for certain difficult tasks
- An adjustable presser foot-pressure allows its user to regulate the amount of pressure on the fabric. The force applied depends on the thickness of the material
- The machine lacks a servo motor in the clutch motor, making it quite noisy
- It is not befitting for home-use
- Does not have a speed regulation feature. This makes it an unsuitable choice for beginners
Verdict – Do you produce difficult designs on a larger-than-usual scale? You’d need a machine that is strong, powerful, and tireless.
VEVOR 8700FRJTZZH000001V1 Industrial Sewing Machine
The Vevor 8700 is a complete sewing machine with a server motor, a table, and other accessories.
It can sew at a speed of 5000 stitches per minute. It requires little or no maintenance, making it easy to operate. This is an industrial sewing machine with table space for your items while working.
The machine can work on various materials, ranging from light-weight fabrics to heavier ones. It also has an in-built lubrication system.
- Comes with a heavy-duty motor
- Can sew multiple layers of textiles without difficulty
- Can sew at high speeds, and does a lot of work within a smaller time frame
- Its in-built lubrication system, wide workspace, and other accessories make it comfortable for users
- The Vevor 8700 isn’t as common as other industrial sewing machines
- Unsuitable for home use, due to its prominent industrial features
Verdict – An in-built lubrication system makes a machine run without hiccups and does not need to be maintained regularly.
JUKI DU-1181N Industrial Sewing Machine
(Suitable For Commercial Use)
The JUKI DU-1181N can be described as a straight-stitch sewing machine with a single needle. It is also perfect for stitching medium weight clothing.
It has a servo motor, a feature common to Juki machinery. This motor ensures that it works as quietly as possible.
The DU-1181N is a classic, durable machine that produces quality masterpieces.
- Houses a dominant top and bottom feeding mechanism which ensures that the machine works on multi-layered materials efficiently
- The stitch pitch, inclination of the feed dog and height can all be adjusted to a preferable level or position
- Constructed to achieve a balanced position while running, thereby reducing excessive vibrations
- A comfortable piece of equipment
- Not cost-friendly
- Might not be suitable for beginners or small business owners
Verdict – Working on multiple layers of clothing can be a difficult task with home sewing machines. A balanced heavy-duty machine, on the other hand, will adequately accomplish the tasks.
TechSew 2700 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great Choice For Almost Any Skill Level)
The Techsew 2700 is constructed for the sewing of different materials. These include light-weight materials, medium-weight materials, leather materials, and synthetic materials.
The 2700 is very dependable. It is a great choice for beginners, hobbyists, and professionals.
It also has an automated needle positioning motor, which helps to save time.
- Can deal efficiently with multi-layered and bulky materials
- Built with an advanced servo motor which helps to regulate the stitching speed
- The machine is delivered already pre-assembled
- Needs to be manually lubricated at intervals
Verdict – Automated needle positioning saves time and conserves energy during long sewing stints.
TechSew 2900 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great Choice for Leather Materials)
The Techsew 2900L is a reliable industrial machine. This machine is outstanding for its great work with leather materials.
Its features are perfect for repairing footwear, purses and sewing patches onto leather.
It also uses a SmartServo-NP needle positioning motor. This motor ensures that the needle stays in the right spot during its operation.
- Uses a servo motor which functions as a speed regulator/adjuster
- Has a large work area ensuring that its user enjoys maximum comfort
- Comes with a lifetime warranty
- Not cost-friendly
- Might not be the best choice for beginners
- The 2900L is quite heavy and can’t be moved around easily
Verdict– Fashion items like shoes and leather handbags require specially-designed industrial machines to avoid complications while sewing.
Juki HZL-F600 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great For Skilled Users)
The Juki HZL-F600 is a computerized piece of machinery. This industrial sewing machine is unique based on its design. It can be recommended for skilled operators and intermediate users but not for beginners.
The Juki machine comes with exciting accessories and features. This makes it is easy for professionals to get to work on the sewing machine.
The HZL-F600 has an impressive 225 sewing stitches built in. Users can sew and quilt. It is one of the best options when it comes to quilting.
- Strong and long-lasting
- Impressive speed of 900 stitches every minute
- Can sew, quilt and monogram
- Comes with a large work area
- Features an automatic needle threader and automatic bobbin winder
- The machine requires skilled or experienced individuals for its operation
- The extensive features it has may overwhelm beginners
Verdict– In a technology-filled world, the computerized machines make life and work easier, faster, and more achievable.
Juki HZL-DX7 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Basic Industrial Sewing Machine)
The Juki HZL-DX is an industrial sewing and stitching machine that can work on almost any material. It produces excellent quality on all types of materials.
The HZL-DX can sew at a reasonable pace. It can go as fast as 1,050 stitches every minute. The speed can also be reduced.
It has adjustments for overall lengths during sewing without changing the sewing density.
- User-friendly machine
- Recommended industrial sewing machines for home use
- Comes with an automatic threader, making it easy to operate
- Can maintain high stitching speeds
- Unlike some industrial machines, the HZL-DX can work on thin materials
- Might be difficult to use for an inexperienced operator
Verdict – High stitching speed makes an industrial sewing machine an ideal choice for bulky fabrics.
JUKI TL-2000Qi Industrial Sewing Machine
The Juki TL-2000Qi is an outstanding machine. It comes with great stitches, durability, and high quality. It is highly recommended for a heavy industrial sewing machine that is long-lasting.
Although the Juki device may not be as heavily packed with features, it stands out for its consistency.
It has no plastic parts. Instead, it is made up wholly of aluminum, making it very heavy and hardly mobile.
- Has an automatic threading system which helps in saving tons of time
- Comes with a large workspace (23 inches)
- Very cheap compared with other commercial sewing machines
- The machine has only one stitch and can be monotonous.
- The machine is quite heavy, and it won’t be the best suited for those that move around a lot.
Verdict– Uniformity requires consistency. Producing a broad range of similar attires will need a machine built specifically for this purpose.
Rex Industrial Sewing Machine
(Fine Choice For Home Operators)
The Rex Portable Walking-Foot Sewing Machine is a product of one of the oldest sewing machine makers. They are mainly known for making great products. The Rex Portable Walking-Foot machine is a tough machine.
It has an industrial metal frame. It’s resilience guarantees that it can easily perform a lot of sewing tasks successfully.
- Fast sewing speed
- Produces quality results
- Portable and easy to use
- A perfect option for home users
- Cost friendly
- Does not have a lot of fancy features
- Single needle machine, meaning it can only sew in a straight line
- Lacks automated features
Verdict – While fancy features might be a great addition, capacity is a no-brainer. You want a machine that can handle a wide range of materials without exceptions.
TOYOTA J34 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great Choice For Jeans and Other Tough Fabric)
The TOYOTA Super Jeans J34 is durable. It specializes in heavy materials, such as leather and denim, amongst others.
The TOYOTA Super Jeans J34 is yet another industrial machine for tough materials. It is one of the best industrial/commercial sewing machines for leather. The machine can sew up to 12 layers of soft denim. For materials that are tougher than soft denim, it can sew up to 10 layers.
It comes with up to 34 built-in stitches for you to decorate your leather. The J34 also features a gliding foot. This feature helps to glide over many layers of fabric.
The machine comes with an automatic needle threader, free arms for cuffs, and so on, to make its user more comfortable and to save time. This is a multipurpose industrial sewing machine.
- Reliable brand and durable machinery
- Sews thick materials easily
- Works at a slower speed compared to the other industrial sewing machines
- During operation, the machine may start emitting loud noises
Verdict – Sewing with a gliding foot makes layers of fabrics easy to penetrate. This feature provides a lot of bandwidth for you to work with.
Consew 206RB-5 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Great Industrial Machine, Ferfect For Advanced Upholstery)
The Consew Walking Foot Upholstery sewing machine is constructed for sewing materials the range from light-weight to heavy-weight. This includes vinyl, canvas, synthetics, and even leather.
The machine is designed for tasks like furniture upholstery, tarpaulins stitching, sails, tents, umbrellas, handbags, and shoes. The Consew industrial sewing machine is undoubtedly one of the best industrial sewing machines upholstery.
The Consew walking foot upholstery sewing machine is built to be tough and durable.
- It is very suitable for dense or thick materials of various kinds
- Some parts are automated, simplifying it for its user
- It is sturdy and very durable and is sure to last a long time
- The machine is built as an industrial appliance and is not suitable for home users
Verdict – A partly automatic machine with an oiling system makes working on heavy materials much easier.
JUKI MO-6714S Industrial Overlock Machine
(Suitable For Bulky Goods/Large Work)
The Juki MO-6714S Industrial machine can work on various materials and textiles producing quality delicate and beautiful seams.
It works without any noise. The machine comes with a needle-threader and other automated parts.
The machine works at top speed, producing up to 7,000 stitches every minute. This makes it suitable for bulky goods.
It upper and lower needle bar work to increase reliability and durability. It also has a cartridge type oil filter and a cooling fan for further improved durability.
It has various adjustment mechanisms to make sure that the finished seams are aligned with the materials used. This makes the machine more recognized in the sewing industry. It provides functions that help in reducing operating noise and vibrations.
- Operates without noise
- It can be used for bulky goods
- The machine’s working speed cannot be adjusted without an upgrade
Verdict – Increased reliability and durability assures the longevity of an industrial sewing machine.
Brother DZ1500F Sewing Machine
(Great Choice For Heavy Fabrics)
The Brother DZ1500F is a semi-industrial sewing machine that functions exceptionally on heavy fabrics.
It is a straight stitch machine. It has a top speed of about 1,500 stitches every minute. The DZ1500F employs the pin feed system during operation.
It also has a knee lifter, to improve the comfort of the user accompanied by an extension table. The machine also features an automatic needle threader and thread cutter which simplifies its use for professionals and beginners especially.
There are exciting features that include a fabric separator tool and a dual thread stand.
The machine is one of the best when it comes to heavy materials. It sews through multiple layers of dense materials easily. Even though the DZ1500F is a good choice for heavy fabrics, it is still equally reliable when it comes to lighter fabrics.
- Performs excellently on heavy and light materials of various types
- Produces high-quality results when stitching
- Cost friendly
- Can work at high speeds consistently
- For its range of features, it has been considered expensive by some professionals
Verdict – A semi-industrial sewing machine is a fantastic merge that gives you all you want on a lesser budget.
JUKI DNU-1541 Industrial Sewing Machine
(Durable Industrial Sewing Machine)
The Juki DNU-1541 Industrial sewing machine is a reliable industrial appliance that works well on various fabrics. It is also famous for its durability.
The DNU-1541 is a unison feed and a lockstitch machine. It has a large capacity sewing hook.
It works at a top speed of 2500 stitches every minute. The maximum stitch length is about 9 millimeters. It also features a cool industrial clutch motor.
- The Juki DNU-1541 can sew at high speeds saving the operator a lot of time
- Can produce quality results
- Extremely durable
- Not usually the first choice for learners or professionals
Verdict – A good rotary hook allows you work faster and with a lot less noise.
Singer CG590 Commercial Sewing Machine
The Singer CG-590 commercial grade sewing machine definitely lives up to the standard of the Singer brand. It is not as old as the other Singer classics. Instead, it is modern and comes with a lot of fresh features.
It is a powerful machine designed for efficiency and speed. It has an automatic needle threader, up to 18 stitches are in-built. It also has an adjustable stitch length and width with a metallic bedplate.
- Sews at a very fast speed
- Can work on denim, leather and other dense materials
- Silent during operation
- Automated parts that help save time
- The bobbin winder malfunction easily
- The plastic pedal might seem weak to some users
- The presser feet get broken easily
- The manual that comes with the machine is difficult to understand
Verdict – Weaknesses are based on perspective. Your choice can be based on the industrial sewing machine price, your level of skill and experience, the type of business, and what works for you.
How to Choose The Best Industrial Sewing Machine
Choosing the perfect machine from the wide array of options in today’s market can be done without stress only when one examines his/her budget, technical-know-how/experience, production level, and so on.
This is because, the different options that are available in today’s market vary in size, price, and even functions.
Fortunately, we have put together the basic information needed to buy the most suitable machine for you!
Types of Industrial Sewing Machines
Modern day industrial sewing machines can be categorized into four groups based on their functionality:
- Electronic Sewing Machine
- Computerized or Automated Sewing Machine
- Embroidery Machine
- Overlock Sewing Machine
Electronic Sewing Machine
Electronic sewing machines can be considered hybrids of mechanical/domestic sewing machines and computerized sewing machines. They have more features than mechanical sewing machines.
They are also free arm and motorized, making them very suitable for expertise sewing.
Warranty for electronic sewing machines matters a lot, as these machines need a technicians for repairs unlike mechanical sewing machines.
Electronic machines are more expensive than manual sewing machines, therefore maintaining these machines should be a top priority for its user.
An electronic sewing machine can be said to be a great choice for professional tailors and experienced operators.
Computerized Sewing Machine
Computerized Sewing machines also known as automated sewing machines are constructed with advanced technology and are built for exceptional tasks.
They have more features than the domestic and electronic sewing machines and they are best suited for industrial use because of their advanced characteristics.
Computerized sewing machines possess multiple needles, spool spinners and various in-built stitches. They work at very high speeds for long periods, making them more efficient for bulky work.
These machines are mostly used for industrial tasks and large scale production, rather than home usage or small businesses
Embroidery machines are originally designed to be able to produce different quality patterns of embroidery on a given fabric.
Most electronic sewing machines can be converted into an embroidery machine by adding an embroidering presser foot to it.
Beginners are advised to choose a zigzag machine for simple/basic embroidering, while professionals or skilled personnel can easily stick to electronic sewing machines with embroidering features and various patterns.
These machines are more expensive than the domestic/mechanical machines and lie just in-between the electronic sewing machines and computerized/automated sewing machines.
Overlock Sewing Machine
Overlock sewing machines or Sergers as their name implies, are used to seam or overlock the fabric in question.
They are used to join or stitch the edges of the fabric together and are mainly used by professional tailors.
These machines give a certain finishing look to garments that have been produced already. They can be used for edging napkins, curtains, bedspreads and for various decorative tasks.
Overlock sewing machines usually have inbuilt cutters and blades to make sure that the fabric edges remain even during the creative process.
Generally, the patterns made by each machine depends on the number of threads being used. Overlocking machines can sew up to 5 thread overlock stitches, while the width and length of each stitch can be adjusted by the user.
Threading your machine is an unavoidable part of sewing and it takes a substantial amount of time to do this. If you’re looking to save time when sewing, go for a machine with an built-in threader.
Free Arm Option
This feature makes it easy to sew round and narrow garments, therefore a perfect choice for those with small businesses.
This feature is quite useful in freehand embroidery but can be found in few machines. If you’re looking to simplify your embroidery process watch out for this feature.
Adjustable Presser Feet
This option gives the user/operator the power to control how tightly the machine grips the fabric. This helps in preventing squeezing of fine or delicate fabrics.
Sewing machines with this feature can be recommended for the use of beginners who prefer slow speeds. They are also considered when it comes to handling projects at high and constant speeds.
Professionals or even a tailors that sew during leisure time will definitely want to pick a machine that allows one to choose a particular stitch from a wide range of options.
Frequency of Usage
When selecting a machine, you must consider how often you will use it. If you will only use the machine once in a while then a light-weight machine will be the best option, but if you will use it on a regular basis then a heavy-duty sewing machine should be selected.
There are so many industrial sewing machines that are available for one to choose from. Before making the decision, you should examine your budget and go for one that falls in line with the available funds.
Your Sewing Experience
To select the best machine for oneself, it is important to know how skilled you are in operating these machines. If you are a beginner or a “newbie,” picking a machine with many advanced high-end features will not be the best choice.
Some designers have businesses big enough to afford multiple industrial sewing machines. Others don’t. They simply need one machine to accomplish a lot of work. If you are looking to purchase the best industrial machine for your business, you need to first recognize what your needs are.
Purchasing the perfect machine for you will only be as easy as the information you have. A wealth of information is never a waste. Use the provided details to narrow down what works for you. Buy a machine that’s ideal for you and your environment.
If you work from your home, ensure you buy an industrial sewing machine you can use at home. If you have a large work area, buy machines that can sew your items. Use a quilting machine to quilt. Also, pay attention to maintenance.
Remember, the best industrial machines are only as good as what you use them for and how you use them.