Artists dream of having the perfect, durable and reliable markers for their creative work. It helps them get the most out of their art. If you are a creative soul yourself and you want to find the perfect marker set, you have come to the right place. I just reviewed some of the best art markers for artists out there.
Luckily for you, all of these markers are very easy to use, do not bleed, blend perfectly and have a wide range of colors. Owning a trustworthy and reliable art maker will boost your creativity and take your art to the next level. So, without further ado, let’s review and compare some of the best-selling art markers.
- What are Art Markers?
- Which Art Markers are The Best?
- Best Art Maker Comparison: 19 Best-Selling Sets Compared in 2019
- Top 19 Best Art Marker Reviews 2019 (Recommended)
- Copic Marker SB12 12-Piece Sketch Basic Set
- Copic Markers 6-Piece Skin Tones Sketch Set
- Uni-posca 15-Piece Paint Marker Pen (PC-5M15C)
- Ohuhu 40-color Dual Tips Marker
- Prismacolor 3620 12-COUNT Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
- TANMIT Dual Tip Brush Pens and Art Marker
- Faber-Castel 12Pitt Artist Brush Pens
- Feela 100 Colors Dual Tip Brush Pens with Fineliners Art Markers
- Caliart 100 Colors Alcohol Markers Dual Tip Art Markers
- Artify 40 Colors Dual Tipped Artist Alcohol Based Art Marker Set
- Bianyo Classic Series Alcohol-Based Dual Tip Art Markers
- Copic Premium 72 color Artist Markers
- Tombow 56167 Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
- Copic Markers 36-Piece Sketch Basic Set
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
- Tombow 56170 Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
- The Original Chartpak AD Markers
- Arrtx 24 Colors Skin Tone Dual Tip Marker Set
- Prismacolor 1759444 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
- Types of Markers for Art
- How to Use Art Markers?
- How to Use Copic Markers for Beginners?
- What Kind of Markers Are Good for Drawing?
- How to Draw with Brush Markers?
- Are Sharpies Good for Art?
- Are Copics Worth it?
- Are Copic Markers Waterproof?
- Ohuhu vs Bianyo
- Copic Markers vs Copic Sketch
- Art Marker Techniques
- Final Thoughts
What are Art Markers?
Art markers represent coloring tools for traditional artwork. They are whimsical, bright and each brand has different features that stand out. The best art marker for artists depends on what kind of art you do. Fashion designers, architects, artists, and many other creative people use art markers for their purposes.
Which Art Markers are The Best?
Choosing a reliable, durable and versatile set of markers will make a big impact on your art. If you want to boost your skills, pick some of these art marker sets. Also, please check their detailed reviews below.
- Best Overall: Copic Marker SB12 12-Piece Sketch Basic Set
“Alcohol-based, refillable, durable, replacement nibs, vibrant and smooth colors, extremely versatile.”
- Runner Up: Copic Markers 6-Piece Skin Tones Sketch Set
“Ultra-blendable, alcohol-based, low odor, rich blends, reliable, permanent, refillable, dry acid-free.”
- Best Budget: Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
“Affordable, non-toxic, professional-looking results, acid-free, fast-drying, colored ends, high-quality.”
- Best for Professionals: Uni-posca 15-Piece Paint Marker Pen (PC-5M15C)
“Perfect for professionals, water-based, lightfast, non-toxic, versatile, amazing results, do not bleed.”
- Best for Beginners: Ohuhu 40-color Dual Tips Marker
“Dual tips, versatile, beautiful black case, color-coded caps, vibrant, long-lasting, highly-pigmented.”
- Best Alcohol-Based: Caliart 100 Colors Alcohol Markers Dual Tip Art Markers
“A wide assortment of colors, dual tips, long-lasting, color-coded caps, versatile, ergonomic design.”
- Best for Illustration: Tombow 56167 Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
“Perfect for bold, fine and medium strokes, 9 vivid colors with a colorless blender pen, self-cleaning tips.”
- Best for Architectural Rendering: Copic Markers 36-Piece Sketch Basic Set
“Perfect for architectures, fashion designers and artists, nice blends, compatible with ABSA, refillable.”
- Best for Coloring: Prismacolor 3620 12-COUNT Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
“Smooth and rich colors, ideal for beginners and pros, dual-ended pens, reasonably-priced, high-quality.”
- Best for Manga: Prismacolor 1759444 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
“Double-ended markers for manga, alcohol, dye-based, smooth colors, perfect for adult coloring crafts.”
Best Art Maker Comparison: 19 Best-Selling Sets Compared in 2019
In order to help you select a suitable set of art markets that will meet your needs, I compared the most important features of some of the best-selling sets on the market.
Hopefully, this chart can help you find a reliable set of coloring tools. Do not forget to check the pros and cons of each set down below as well.[ninja_tables id="7899"]
Top 19 Best Art Marker Reviews 2019 (Recommended)
Art markers are popular among artists, students, designers and others who have artistic souls. However, finding a good set that will suit your needs is not as easy as it appears. First, you need to learn the types of markers – not all of them are the same thing, so review my buying guide below for more information.
If you have experience with art markers and you have the perfect type of pens on the mind, check these art marker reviews. I am confident that you will find something that will meet your needs and standards.
Copic Marker SB12 12-Piece Sketch Basic Set
First, I have the Copic Marker SB12 12-Piece Sketch Basic Set which is adored by many artists out there. Copic is some of the best alcohol art markers for artists that meet different styles of design, illustration, and crafts. It is refillable, durable and has replaceable nibs, so you only need to buy a Copic marker once.
If you want a set that delivers non-toxic, permanent, vibrant and smooth color, this product is the ideal choice for you. The best part? It is refillable, meaning, once you buy a Copic marker, it is yours forever. If you pick this set, you will enter the group of satisfied customers who use the same markers for 25 years.
- Best art markers in the word
- Alcohol-based art markers for artists
- They meet different styles of design, illustration, and crafts
- Refillable, durable and have replacement nibs
- Once you buy a Copic marker, it is yours for life
- Vibrant and smooth colors
- Not the best choice for kids
- Not for beginners
Copic Markers 6-Piece Skin Tones Sketch Set
Second, I have another set by Copic including 6 sketch markers. It is loved by fashion designers, manga, anime and comics artists, and architecture artists. This set delivers an ultra-blendable, alcohol-based and low odor markers. Copic markers mix on the surface nicely to deliver the rich blends they are known for.
The amazing performance has distinguished this set as the celebrated coloring tool within hobby and professional circles. They come in a plastic case and feature replaceable nibs compatible with the Copic airbrush system. If you want refillable, permanent markers that dry acid-free, buy this set immediately.
- Ultra-blendable, alcohol-based ink
- Low odor art markers loved by different types of artists
- They deliver rich blends they are known for
- Impressive, reliable, stunning art markers
- Permanent, refillable and dry acid-free
- Some of the markers had loose caps and dried up very fast
Uni-posca 15-Piece Paint Marker Pen (PC-5M15C)
(Best Art Markers for Professionals)
Uni-posca 15-piece paint marker pen has a medium bullet tip which makes it ideal for seasoned artists and experts such as architects, hobbyists for scrapbooking, interior design newbies, course for children, skaters and surfers. If you want water-based, versatile art markets, this set is the perfect choice for you.
It can be used on different surfaces and offers limitless possibilities. People use it for marking, hobbies, artistic creation, and singing. It is lightfast, waterproof and non-toxic set of paint markers that will boost your creativity and take your project to the next level. Unlike alcohol-based ink, this one does not bleed.
- Perfect for both beginners and professionals
- Water-based, versatile, lightfast, and non-toxic markers
- They deliver amazing results and do not bleed
- You need to shake them before you use them
Ohuhu 40-color Dual Tips Marker
(Best Marker Art for Beginners)
Ohuhu 40-color dual tips marker is another popular set that features markers with fine, broad tips for more precise highlighting and underlining. You can also use it for drawing with both thick and thin lines.
It allows you to make many styles, patterns, and sketches with ease. It is perfect for beginners and pros. If you order this set, you will get 40 vibrant colors that are highly-pigmented and long-lasting. Meaning, it is built to last. The colors blend perfectly for an extra dimension to your art. It is a fast-drying set too.
The best part? They have color-coded caps and come in a beautiful black case, so you can easily store it and take it on your travels. Looking for the best Christmas gift idea? If yes, look no further than this set.
- Best art maker on canvas
- Dual tips, versatile art markers
- Ideal for both beginners and pros
- Vibrant, long-lasting and highly-pigmented
- Beautiful black case for storage
- Color-coded caps
- Light tones run out fast
- The ink does not smell good
- They leak through the paper
- The ink does not match the cap color when dry
- Very rigid tips
Prismacolor 3620 12-COUNT Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
(Best Art Markers for Coloring)
Searching for dual-ended markers with a chisel and fine tips that make a perfect tool for adult coloring projects? If yes, Prismacolor 3620 12-count premier is ideal for you. You will get 12 alcohol, dye-based art markers that will boost your creativity and take your art to the next level. It is perfect for beginners.
However, experts will find it extremely useful as well. It features a fine tip at one end and a chisel at the other for broad strokes and coverage. I personally recommend this set because it delivers smooth and rich colors and comes at a reasonable price. Now, let’s summarize the pros and cons before you buy it.
- Smooth and rich colors
- Perfect for both beginners and experts
- Dual-ended markers with a chisel and fine tips
- Ideal tool for adults coloring projects
- 12 alcohol-dye based art markers
- Too difficult to open
- Some buyers reported missing markers
- Does not include a red shade
TANMIT Dual Tip Brush Pens and Art Marker
(Best Art Pens and Markers)
TANMIT Dual Tip Brush Pens and Art Markers have a flexible brush tip for lettering and calligraphy. It is a super-thin tip for detail and outlining. If you are tired of getting markers that do not bring the expected results, I suggest that you buy this set and enjoy the beauty of owning a reliable and durable marker set.
You will get 60 colors that will help breathe some life into your patterns and lettering. This set is perfect for journal, school planner, lettering, notebook, calendar, Bible notes, and more. If you want an odorless coloring tool that comes in a durable case and delivers high-quality art results, this set is perfect for you.
- Non-toxic and smooth ink
- High-quality results and a durable case
- Flexible brush tip for calligraphy and lettering
- Durable, reliable and versatile marker set
- 60 vibrant and rich colors
- Poor value for money
- The paint comes off with water
- Some of them did not work
Faber-Castel 12Pitt Artist Brush Pens
Faber-Castel 12Pitt artist brush pens are super fade resistant and have waterproof pigmented acid-free India ink. They are the perfect combination of traditional India ink and modern brush nib design. Looking for a durable set that will give you the freedom to make versatile brush strokes? If yes, this set is for you.
If you order this baby, you will get 12 rich and smooth colors in a handy slide-out storage case. However, make sure to check the most important pros and cons of these art markets before you make a purchase.
- Super fade-resistant and waterproof pigment acid-free ink
- Durable, versatile and reasonably priced set of 12 smooth, rich colors
- The art markers come packed in a handy slide-out storage case
- The tip of the pen is not conical but long and skinny
Feela 100 Colors Dual Tip Brush Pens with Fineliners Art Markers
Feela 100 pack dual tip brush pen set features 100 original booming dual tip brush pens. Their brush tips make large coverage, while the 0.4mm fine tips are ideal for detailed work. The quality ink of these pens is blendable and dries fast. But here is the kicker. They do not bleed and come in an elegant, plastic case.
The color reference on caps and tip-pointing design makes these markers ideal tools for coloring. If you want a water-based, acid-free, non-toxic markers that conform to ASTM D-4236, this set is ideal for you or your kids. It is safe for both adults and kids to use. Now, let’s summarize the pros and cons of this set.
- 100 unique dual tip brush pens
- They do not bleed and come in a plastic case
- Color reference on caps and tip-pointing design
- Water-based, acid-free and non-toxic pens
- Perfect for both adults and kids
- Some buyers claim that they bleed on paper
Caliart 100 Colors Alcohol Markers Dual Tip Art Markers
(Best Alcohol-Based Markers)
Caliart 100 Colors Markers are alcohol-based and permanent art tools that come in 100 different colors. The set also includes a single colorless blender. If you want art markers with a low odor that is non-toxic, this is the perfect set for you. You will get excellent smudge-proof and waterproof ink on many surfaces.
These permanent markers work on ceramics, paper, plastic and so on. You can use them as sketch or art markets. They have dual tips and round pen holder. The fine point is around 0.7mm and makes the ideal coloring maker for precise underlining and highlighting while the broad chisel is approximately 1 – 7mm.
The best part? They have color-coded caps and come in a case for easy organization. I personally like the set because of the ergonomic design. You can work for a long time without numbness and fatigue. Now, let’s summarize the most important pros and cons of this impressive set before you make your decision.
- A wide assortment of colors including refreshing tones
- Dual tips (chisel and fine) provide a variety of line widths
- The long-lasting color tubes offer plenty of ink to work with
- They work on different surfaces including paper, plastic, ceramics and more
- Ergonomic design and color-coded caps for easy organization
- You get skipped or thinner lines when creating larger marks
Artify 40 Colors Dual Tipped Artist Alcohol Based Art Marker Set
Artify 40 colors dual-tipped artist alcohol-based art market set features 40 vibrant colors with original white color. It delivers all the basic colors for artists to write, draw, shade, render, illustrate, sketch and so on. The original white color blends with darker shades in order to create your own customized colors.
If you want a set of art markers with ergonomic design and dual tips, this one is made for you. Each one delivers superior color blending, flexibility, and versatility. The alcohol-based ink is made for superfluid and smooth, uninterrupted lines. These art markers come in a plastic carrying case with a folding handle.
- Dual tipped artist alcohol-based markers
- Ergonomic design and superior color blending and flexibility
- The markers come packed in a plastic carrying case
- A little bleeding appears on thin papers
Bianyo Classic Series Alcohol-Based Dual Tip Art Markers
(Good Cheap Art Markers)
Another alcohol-based and permanent set of art markets that will definitely impress you is the Bianyo Classic Dual Tip. It is non-toxic and odorless. It provides excellent smudge-proof and waterproof results on many surfaces. The broad chisel is around 1 – 7mm while the fina point is approximately 0.7mm nibs.
The fine point is perfect for detailed writing tasks or coloring and outlining in a large area. If you want a set of ergonomic art markers, this one is made for you. The square pen holder is super easy to hold and write and you can place a cap on the other end of it. This impressive set is a great bargain for the price.
It delivers superior quality at an affordable price. Enjoy high-quality alcohol-based markers that cost far less than that of popular art brands. You can use it for highlighting, architectural design, underlining and advertising rendering. It makes the perfect Christmas or birthday gift for both new and advanced artists.
- An alcohol-based and permanent set of art markets
- Non-toxic and odorless pens that provide waterproof results
- Ergonomic design and superior quality at an affordable price
- You can use this set for architectural design, highlighting, underlining and more
- Perfect for both advanced artists and beginners
- Some buyers reported bleeding on paper
(Best Marker Art with Alcohol)
Copic Premium markers are popular among designers, architects, comics, anime, and manga artists and make excellent tools for people who want alcohol-based markers. They are super-blendable, have a low odor and unlike water-based art markers which tend to over soak and pill the paper, they blend ideally.
Copic Premium delivers 72 art markers with outstanding performance that is known among professional advanced artists and newbies. They come in a plastic case and have replaceable nibs that are compatible with the Copic airbrush system. They are refillable like most of the art markers in my art marker reviews.
- Popular among architects, artists, and designers
- They have replaceable nibs that are compatible with the Copic airbrush system
- Alcohol-based, super blendable markers with a low odor
- They do not bleed but have excellent performance
- You will get these refillable art markers in a case
- Not many colors to play with
- Not the best choice for beginners
Tombow 56167 Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
(Best Art Markers for Illustration)
Next, I have Tombow dual brush pen art markers which are perfect for journaling, doodling, illustrations, fine art, coloring, hand lettering and much more. If you order this impressive set, you will get nine colors with a colorless blender pen. If you want 2-in-1 markers with a brush tip and a fine tip, this set is for you.
The brush tip works great for medium, bold or fine strokes while the fine tip delivers consistent lines but that is not the best part. The best part is that the tips self-clean after blending. Also, you will be getting a set of odorless, acid-free markers that will boost your skills. Now, let’s summarize the crucial downfalls.
- Ideal for medium, bold or fine strokes
- Perfect for illustrations, doodling, journaling, fine art and more
- An impressive set of nine colors with a colorless blender pen
- 2-in-1 markers with a fine tip and a brush tip
- The tips self-clean after blending
- Poor saturation
- The colors do not blend well enough
- Poor quality for the price
Copic Markers 36-Piece Sketch Basic Set
(Best Markers for Architectural Rendering)
Copic Markers 36-Piece Sketch basic set is perfect for comics, manga and anime artists. However, it is a great set for fashion, product and architecture designers. Both beginners and experts love Copic markers because they blend easily, have no odor and unlike water-based pens, they blend nicely and look super.
Professional, semi-professional artists and hobbyists adore this set. If you purchase it, you will get 36 art markers packed in a clear plastic case for easy organization and identification. But here is the kicker. Just like other markers by this firm, these have replaceable nibs, compatible with the Copic airbrush system.
- Ideal for manga, anime and comics artists
- The best markers for architectural rendering
- They blend nicely and deliver amazing results
- The markers come packed in a plastic case
- Compatible with ABSA and high-quality
- The art markers have replaceable nibs
- Not the best choice for beginners
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
(Best Affordable Art Markers)
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers provides a colorful range of high-quality, professional, alcohol-ink tools in coordinating vibrant, bright shades. These babies are acid-free, non-toxic, and fast-drying. However, I personally recommend this set due to the colored ends. They allow easy identification and organization.
If you order this set, you will get a light green, orange, coral, dark red, fluorescent, ice blue, citrus green, green turquoise, jade green, gold brown, and pale pink. If you want affordable, high-quality art markers, this set is the right choice for you. Now, let’s summarize the pros and cons before you make a purchase.
- Best art markers for the money
- The colors blend out easily and deliver professional results
- The markers are non-toxic, fast-drying and acid-free
- They have colored ends for easy organization
- Affordable but high-quality art markers
- They do not have a dual-sided design
Tombow 56170 Dual Brush Pen Art Markers
Looking for flexible and versatile art markers that will help you make the most out of your projects and art? If yes, Tombow 56179 dual brush pen art markers are perfect for you. They have a nylon fiber tip on one end that makes bold or medium strokes by simply changing brush pressure while the fine tip is ideal for straight lines or writing. If you want water-based pens for fine art techniques, purchase this set asap.
- Versatile art markers for thriving artists
- Nulon fiber tip on one end and a fine tip on the other
- Water-based pens for fine art techniques
- The colors do not blend well enough
The Original Chartpak AD Markers
The Original Chartpak AD markers make the perfect coloring tools for art and design. I am talking about xylene-based pens that blend perfectly and transfer on ceramic, acrylic, paper, eggshell and many other surfaces. I find this set adorable because of the slotted tabletop cube. It is perfect for newbies and pros.
If you order this baby, you will get 25 rich pastel shades that are ideal for shading and blending. Also, do not worry because they will not streak or feather. The set includes a colorless blender to help you create your colors, make watercolor-like effects and transfer images with graphite, charcoal and a colored pen.
- The perfect coloring tools for design and art
- Xylene-based pens that blend perfectly and transfer on different surfaces
- A cute set that comes in a slotted tabletop cube
- 25 rich pastel shades with a colorless blender
- They are perfect for both newbies and pros
- They run out quickly
Arrtx 24 Colors Skin Tone Dual Tip Marker Set
Arrtx 24 Colors Skin Tone Dual Tip Marker set delivers dual-tip tools with a chisel-edged tip on one end which is suitable for wider strokes and completing larger places, and a medium rounded tip on the other end which is perfect for detail work. The best part? The caps of these markers have an original structure.
They cover more stringent, so markers will not easily volatilize or turn dry. Also, they make them easy to organize and identify. The set comes with a colorless pen in order to create your own colors. This is ideal for artists who prefer detail and perfect work. Now, let’s summarize the pros and cons of these markers.
- You will get a colorless pen to make your own colors
- Dual-tip tools with a chisel-edged tip and a medium rounded tip
- Perfect for detail work and have an original structure
- They do not blend well enough
- Some marker caps are hard to pull off
- Some colors look slightly similar
Prismacolor 1759444 Premier Double-Ended Art Markers
(Best Art Markers for Manga)
Last but not least, Prismacolor Premier Double-Ended Art Markers is perfect for comics and manga art. If you order this set, you will receive 12 beautiful markers suitable for both beginners and professionals. If you want alcohol, dye-based markers that provide smooth and rich colors, this is the perfect set for you.
You will get a set of markers with fine and chisel tips that make the perfect tool for adult coloring crafts. Buy this set and create beautiful manga and comic art but first, check the main pros and cons of this set.
- Double-ended art markers for manga and comic art
- Alcohol, dye-based markers that deliver smooth colors
- They have a chisel and fine tips for adult coloring crafts
- They run out pretty fast
- Some buyers reported a missing pen
- Some buyers received crushes pens
Types of Markers for Art
You can select between two main types of markers for art. The first one is alcohol-based that features a blend of alcohol and pigment. Alcohol-based markers dry fast and will not smudge. They are permanent but have a low odor. If you choose alcohol-based pens with a strong odor use them in a ventilated place.
Water-based markers, on the other hand, present non-permanent coloring tools based on glycerin and water. They tend to bleed in contact with water. However, unlike alcohol-based art markers, they do not have a smell. This makes them great for both adults and kids. Just let them completely dry and that is it.
Different Types of Marker Tips
You can determine the type of marker tips in two things. The tip size and shape. The first way includes measurement in millimeters. Tips usually range from 0.3mm to 50mm. However, they are categorized into 5 main types. The first is the smallest ones also known as extra fine art markers for detailed work.
The second type is fine markers. They are the perfect tools for writing and covering smaller areas. But they do not allow for the level of detailing that a super fine marker would. The third type is medium tip markers. They are ideal for making art, crafts and office use. The next type is a broad tip for large areas.
Last but not least, you can select the jumbo markers for covering large surfaces. They are the ideal tools for completing big artworks, projects, and coloring in a solid background like murals and a large canvas.
According to tip shapes, you can pick between bullet tip, chisel tip, and brush tip markers. The bullet tips are the most common. They are rounded at the top like a bullet and make nice markers for coloring and writing. The chisel tips feature a slanted end that allows for both thinner and thicker lines. Usually, users pick these markers for calligraphy and other types of lettering art but they are also used for highlighting.
Brush tips write like a paintbrush. The more pressure you put on the marker, the thicker the line gets. If you need a marker for making smaller lines, coloring and hand lettering, look no further than these tips.
Different Coloring Tools
Buying the right tool for coloring in your kit will definitely make a difference in your art. However, if you are a beginner, you may be wondering which coloring tools do you need. This depends on your needs. If you want to do some shading, buy a high-end color pencil. Prismacolor pencils are highly-recommended.
However, keep in mind that you will need a good eraser as well. It will help you fix and clean up mistakes and light pencil marks. The next tool that you might need is a pen. If you want to do ink coloring, order a pen with a fine tip. Avoid alcohol-based because they bleed. Instead, choose water-based art markers.
Another popular coloring tool is watercolor paint. It is perfect for beginners because it is easy and fun to use. They feature a refillable tank on a brush pen for illustration, calligraphy, painting, drawing, coloring, and much more. Which tool you choose depends on your needs, expectations and artistic requirements.
How to Use Art Markers?
Working with art markers is super easy, effective and quick. You will not need to wait for your ink to dry because these markers are fast-drying. However, their biggest downfall is that you cannot fix and undo a mistake. In order to learn how to use art markers, first, you should get familiar with the different types.
For instance, fine tips deliver details and tight lines while brush tips spread ink just like watercolor. And a chisel tip is perfect for covering larger surfaces. No matter which one you choose, you should move very slowly when coloring in order to prevent streaks. Also, test your colors before you use them for your art.
How to Use Copic Markers for Beginners?
Copic markers are one of the most popular coloring tools on the market for a few reasons. They provide top-quality, permanent results. Also, they are refillable and double-ended. Meaning, they have different artistic uses, including manga and anime drawing, fashion design, scrapbooking, illustration and more. If you are a newbie, Copic markers are ideal for you. Once you purchase a Copic marker, it is yours for life.
Copic markers have smooth and vivid colors. They are usually alcohol-based markers and bleed. Please, refer to this step-by-step guide on how to use Copic markers in various ways for both pros and newbies.
What Kind of Markers Are Good for Drawing?
After hours of research, I have come to the conclusion that Sharpie markers are great for drawing. They deliver slightly different results in comparison to drawing with pencils. Sharpie markers make perfect tools for comic book inking, cartoon drawing, and caricatures. They are ink-based, long-lasting markers.
How to Draw with Brush Markers?
Drawing with brush markers is very easy. However, it still needs a little practice and preparation. They have smooth vivid colors that will bring life to your artwork and boost your creativity. They make a great tool for precise technical illustrations, making loose lines, calligraphic designs and so on. However, using a marker has its cons. One of the biggest is that you cannot fix mistakes, so you need to work with care.
Are Sharpies Good for Art?
Absolutely. They are amazing tools for art because they bring versatility, durability, and flexibility to the table. You can use these permanent markers to ink many surfaces and transform an ordinary object into a unique piece of art. They are not just a choice writing instrument but a great fundamental craft supply.
Are Copics Worth it?
Yes, Copics are totally worth it. Yes, they come at a higher price. However, they also offer higher quality. The colors are vibrant and the blending is smooth. Also, they allow you to use colors in various manners.
Are Copic Markers Waterproof?
Since most Copic markers are alcohol-based, they are waterproof as well. Meaning, they will never wash away. Copic pens are filled with a dye suspended in alcohol. They turn acid-free as soon as it evaporates.
Ohuhu vs Bianyo
According to customer reviews, I found online, Ohuhu is a good brand that delivers high-quality markers, especially for beginners. In fact, it is a great alternative for Copic markers. However, it is cheaper. Still, it offers excellent quality for the price. Bianyo is also a great solution for your fulfilling your creative needs.
It delivers alcohol-based markers that dry fast without smudging the surface. They are highly-pigmented and will never fade. If you need markers for comics, anime, Japanese characters or fashion sketches, this is the perfect brand for you. These markers are ideal for both beginners and thriving experienced artists.
Copic Markers vs Copic Sketch
Copic markers come in two different types. The first is Sketch markers and the second is Ciao pens. The difference between these two is that Ciao markers are cheaper and provide around half as many colors as the Sketch markers. Sketch markers are high-end art markers that cost a lot and come in many colors.
Art Marker Techniques
Having some knowledge of brushwork, texture, color, tone, and composition will help you make unique artworks with confidence. Some of the most popular art marker techniques include glazing, building up texture, blocking in, underpainting, dry brushing, painting, sgraffito and more. Please refer to this step-by-step guide on different art marker techniques that will help you take your skills to a whole new level.
No matter if you are just a seasoned artist or a professional, you will need a high-quality set of markers. Hopefully, my guide can help you choose the best art markers for artists that will boost your creativity. If you want a set for newbies, look no further than the versatile vibrant Ohuhu 40-color Dual Tips Marker.
However, if you are searching for a set for professionals, Copic Marker SB12 12-Piece Sketch Basic Set is perfect for you. It is refillable, durable, delivers smooth and vibrant colors and super versatile. For those on a budget, I highly recommend Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers. They are fast drying and high-quality.