It was absolutely love at first sight. Can you believe the project only costs $2! Unless you already have some books your willing to tear apart like I did, then it's a wopping $1 and a bunch of glue sticks.
A few things I learned while making it-
- My books were about 150 pages each and it took me THREE of them! Compared to the one book she used.
- A smutty novel like the one she used was probably a better size, mine weren't much larger but I think the smaller pages, and the texture of those pages, would have worked better. My pages were a bit stiff as they were from hard cover books.
- I'm impatient so instead of painting the edges like she does, I grabbed a brown marker, even a crayola will work, and colored the edges. No mess, no clean up, no waiting!
- Make less cones and more random crumples. This is not a project to be a control freak about.
So here is mine
I have a few more projects that will work great with this wreath.... stay tuned!